About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Memc.h out of Range error
djpercy Offline

Memc.h out of Range error
Hello,

I have a diffused problem and i thing this is a World Editor Error.
I have a code and I call with the same code different "World Maps". When I call the samle.world work it but when I call my own "World Map" I get a Error

Element out of range File: misc/_Memc.h Line 14

I hope you can help me.

Nice day and have fun

greeting Denis
10-24-2010 05:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Memc.h out of Range error
Please run your program in debug mode, once you have this error, check the call stack, you'll see where you have the error.
10-24-2010 06:08 PM
Harry Offline

I have the same error but I know why. But I don't have any sense idea to fix this.

In the main game create I load worldbut without .update(...) at end because if I add it, background loader (like in tutorial) doesn't work. After game loading I have create function from my own structure. To do things in this function I need waypoint from world. But I can't do this because I don't do initial update so I have this error. Do you know what can I do?
11-02-2010 03:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

you should run in debug mode, check where the error occurs, paste some screenshots, or code.
11-02-2010 05:20 PM
Dddd Offline

I had this problem too. I will describe the problem and its solution; maybe it will match your problem and thus offer you a solution.

1. I created a world in the world editor.
2. I added a Player in the code, based on EE tutorials.
3. Got 'Memc.h out of Range error' ... oops!

It seems I did not have a Player in the world editor. So I added the human, included with EE, and set its type field to OBJ_PLAYER. I then recompiled and it worked.

Maybe this fits your situation too. Other than that post more specifics like Esenthel said.
11-02-2010 11:26 PM
Harry Offline

Well, when I was writing my post, except put my structure create in main game create i put it to update and turn on by F9 button in game. I modernized my code whole day but I don't do nothing with create. And now I cut and paste create from update again to create and it works great. I don't know what was happen wink
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2010 11:41 PM by Harry.)
11-02-2010 11:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply