Here is my first attempt on lowpoly trees (250 triangles):

Let me know what you think :-)

Summer :

[Image: 14.jpg]

Autumn:

[Image: 11.jpg]

and combined :

[Image: 17.jpg]

I am currently building my model assets, I think it is as important as the game itself :-)
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2010 07:22 AM by Voc007.)
12-19-2010 07:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dynad Offline

RE: My Trees(Maple?) for untitled mmorpg
Looks good for a first attempt.. smile

Quote:I am currently building my model assets, I think it is as important as the game itself :-)

I hope you're just kiddin here... cause the programming part for a MMO.... especially a MMO is programming the most important and the hardest job there is. Without it there is nothing todo... yes you need models but even text based games are fun and they dont have models at all so.. smile

~Dynad

There is always evil somewhere, you just have to look for it properly.
12-19-2010 07:50 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dominoe Offline

i think they look plenty good for an mmo.

correct me if im wrong, but these look like an 8-sided tree with planar, alpha-mapped textures being the leaves?

its not clear in the screenshots, but it appears there are no actual branches, but that the branch image is included in the leaf texture?
12-19-2010 10:53 AM
Dwight Offline

Just esthetic: I never seen brown leaved trees mixed with green ones before smile

And I like the trees grin

Are those alpha-mapped branches and leaves? It's just 1 point of view, I can't see it that clearly... Though in the second screenshot I see some... So I guess they are? smile

Good job!

SnowCloud Entertainment - We are recruiting!
http://www.sc-entertainment.com
12-19-2010 11:50 AM
Voc007 Offline

Dynad: Yeah everything on the MMO is important, just getting my feel how far I can take my art abilities to.

Those text games where fun, until my first graphical game Ultima 0, yes 0 not 1 :-)

Domino: they are alpha map of branches with leaves, they are randomly placed and rotated. I do have models with branches ,but they up the polys an addition of 50 or so.

Dwight: Oh I have seen brown and green ones together, just not the same time :-)
And yeah no branches, just the alpha map of branches of leaves.

Thank you for C & C, more the merrier.
12-19-2010 05:31 PM