About Store Forum Documentation Contact

The adventures of Dandruff
Dandruff Offline

The adventures of Dandruff
[Image: hey_there_sexy-13168.jpg]
This will be a topic consisting all of my questions regarding my erotic journey in using this wonderful Engine. I will, from now on, ask most of my questions here and index it in hopes of helping other people too (sorta like Masterxilo's thread here. Go on click it! i'll wait, but more neat and compiled.) His topic helped me soo much, very informative - Thanks Masterxilo! Esenthel is by far, the best game engine i have ever used, and i wish this topic would prove useful to anyone using this engine, most likely new people. Sadly, Dandruff is not an expert programmer, but rather, a student with little programming experience, so if you ask him something of considerable difficulty he might explode. I will organize everything according to the topic i think it fits into the most and try my best to make it look at least half as nice as the engine is sexy.

But enough of me talking, here were my issues:

-------GUI-------
#1 [SOLVED] Something is wrong with my gobj
What i thought the problem was:
  • Recent update changed headers
  • Recent update modified the gui editor to save differently
  • Corrupt gui
What happened?:
  • Runtime error - Unhandled Exception
What was the problem, how did i fix it?: A stupid but easy mistake to make. I had 2 projects: the client updater, and the actual client. The updater depended on the actual client; it uses the same files/styles/settings as the client, but because it is in a different directory and that my tools Data destination is of my client, i forgot to copy the modified gobj over to the updater! Coupled with the fact that it was a very vague error, i had trouble finding the solution and went through countless lines of code until i came to. Lesson learned? Use the sync tool!

#2 [SOLVED] Setting image by layer, send it to back/front
What happened?:
  • Image rendered in front of objects
How did i fix it?: Make the call to yourimage.draw() before calling anything else to make it drawn first, like your first layer. This will then make later drawings render in front of it, like a second layer.

-------MISC-------
#3 [SOLVED] Unpacking pak file from memory?
What was the problem?:
  • I wanted to extract a pak file after it finished downloading
How did i fix it?:
Code:
Pak update;    
update.loadMem(data.data(),data.size());
FCopy(update,CurDir(),data.size(),0,true);

#4 [SOLVED] Merging 02 - Inventory with my project
What happened?: Yet another stupid mistake, i missed a line while merging the projects together.. i also forgot about forward declarations lol
  • Header not properly declared, bunch of errors
How did i fix it?: On top of main.h
Code:
struct InventoryGui;
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2010 08:01 PM by Dandruff.)
11-13-2010 09:07 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dynad Offline

RE: The adventures of Dandruff
Is that your girlfriend on that pic? smile

Its great that you have made a thread to help other programmers/artists out with the same or similar problems.

Keep it up!

There is always evil somewhere, you just have to look for it properly.
11-13-2010 12:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dandruff Offline

RE: The adventures of Dandruff
It sure is! Thanks, Dynad!
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2010 08:01 PM by Dandruff.)
11-13-2010 07:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply