About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Noob Question about C++
Solo Offline

Noob Question about C++
I am considering getting Esenthel Engine, however I am not sure whether I want to develop on Mac OSX or Windows.

Esenthel Engine SDK for Windows requires Microsoft Visual C++ 2008, and the mac osx requirements are Xcode Developer IDE

Is there a difference in the C++ code between the two? If I want to come online and get help for C++ code, will it make a difference if a windows user is helping me while I am using Xcode on the mac?

Anouther question I have is about the 3d models, lets say I want to import 3d models into the game, I know 3DSmax does not operate on mac osx, so what kind of 3d files would I be limited to on the mac?

Are there any other kind of limitations with the mac?

Thank you for reading.
11-17-2010 02:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
joacorock Offline

RE: Noob Question about C++
As esenthel told me, the code is completly cross platform, so if you use esenthel functions you can use the code for windows and mac osx

And for the models, you can use Blender and, you can make any kind of models, you are not limted because of Mac
11-17-2010 02:30 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dynad Offline

You can also use Cinema4d which works perfectly on Mac smile

There is always evil somewhere, you just have to look for it properly.
11-17-2010 02:31 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Solo Offline

(11-17-2010 02:30 AM)joacorock Wrote:  As esenthel told me, the code is completly cross platform, so if you use esenthel functions you can use the code for windows and mac osx

I got this example from the "name changes" thread:

PathCur -> CurDir

So I don't have to worry about any subtle differences like that in the code between windows and mac osx?
11-17-2010 02:35 AM
Dynad Offline

Yes the same rules apply for Windows and Mac.. So you don't have to worry about other codes.. its completely the same.

11-17-2010 02:51 AM
Solo Offline

(11-17-2010 02:30 AM)joacorock Wrote:  And for the models, you can use Blender and, you can make any kind of models, you are not limted because of Mac

Lets say I want to import a 3d model from the internet because I am not a very experienced or talented 3d artist, what kind of file formats are available aside from cinema 4d?
11-17-2010 03:43 AM
Dynad Offline

You can export: .x .dae .obj and those are the most used formats out there and also supported by EE smile

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2010 10:12 AM by Dynad.)
11-17-2010 10:11 AM