About Store Forum Documentation Contact

PhysX DLL error
asnoman Offline

PhysX DLL error
Hi All!
I recently installed Esenthel Engine and followed the basic tutorial until it told me to set up the World Editor's data path. I entered it correctly but then it came up with this error and has occurred ever since.
Quote:Error:
Can't initialize physics.
Please make sure you have PhysX DLL files in the application folder, and the correct path is used for physics initialization method.

I'm probably missing something obvious, so help would really be appreciated. I've got the PhysX DLL's that come with the engine in their folder and I haven't touched them, so what am i doing wrong?
P.S. I Already used the search function on the site but couldn't find anything useful in my skim over it. Thanks in advance for help! smile
11-18-2010 11:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: PhysX DLL error
Hi,

Once you make clean extraction of the EsenthelEngineSDK.7z file, and without doing anything else, you go to Tools folder, launch World Editor.exe, select any kind of data path.
Do you still have physx error?

To what path do you extract the EsenthelEngineSDK.7z?

What system do you have? cpu, ram, os, gpu?

Do you have installed DirectX and latest Gpu Drivers (and possibly windows updates)?
11-18-2010 12:45 PM
Grabonito Offline

As you select a folder path EsnthelEngine -> Data
11-18-2010 02:31 PM
asnoman Offline

Hi, sorry for the wait, reality called, thanks for the quick reply Esenthel wink
Anyway, to business:

Quote:Once you make clean extraction of the EsenthelEngineSDK.7z file, and without doing anything else, you go to Tools folder, launch World Editor.exe, select any kind of data path.
Do you still have physx error?
Yes, i re-extracted it again and came across the same error, no matter what data directory I set. I also recently downloaded the Esenthel RPG 2, and when I click on the executable, I get the same error.

Quote:To what path do you extract the EsenthelEngineSDK.7z?
I extracted the Esenthel SDK to "C:\Users\Kaalim\Desktop\Esenthel Engine\EsenthelEngineSDK". I've tried other locations and given it admin access, still no luck.

Quote:What system do you have? cpu, ram, os, gpu?
I have Vista Home Premium 32bit, Intel Core 2 Duo E7300, 4 Gigs of RAM, and my system is fully updated. My graphics card is NVIDIEA GeForce 9400 GT, fully updated.

Quote:Do you have installed DirectX and latest Gpu Drivers (and possibly windows updates)?
Yes, I recently downloaded all the Windows Updates and am using DirectX 10.

Quote:As you select a folder path EsnthelEngine -> Data
Yep. Still not working.

I can't find anything on the internet to help me, so any suggestions are appreciated. Please help me!

P.S. A screenshot of the error in the attachment.

Attached File(s) Image(s)

11-30-2010 05:16 AM
Dandruff Offline

EsenthelEngineSDK\Installation\PhysX

There should be 11 files in there after extraction. Check if they are there. Should be 9.74 mb altogether. I don't know anything else that might help because you already said you extracted it again but you still get that error. Weird eh?
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2010 07:40 AM by Dandruff.)
11-30-2010 07:37 AM
menajev Offline

Got same error on Win 7 and needed to copy PhysX dlls from installation folder to windows/system/ (not system32 but don't know if Vista uses same structure).
11-30-2010 10:29 PM
Dynad Offline

Do you have the same problems while running 1 of the tutorials?

with: Physics.create(CSS_NONE,true,"PhysX");?

There is always evil somewhere, you just have to look for it properly.
11-30-2010 10:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Vengent Offline

Had this same problem on win7 ultimate 64bit, both running tutorials and Rpg2. Gave up and installed the physX install package form Nvidia.
12-04-2010 03:22 AM