About Store Forum Documentation Contact

weird problem
dragonfly3 Offline

weird problem
When I first got Esenthel I did the first tutorial as I was checking everything out. It worked fine. I put the tutorials aside and started working on the world creation. Now I went back and attempted to start with the tutorials and none of them are working now. No matter which one I try I keep getting the same error which tells me "can't load pak....engine.pak" It's there, it's in the right place, I didn't touch anything or change anything that I shouldn't have changed. I even followed the tutorial for beginners posted elsewhere on these forums to make sure I wasn't doing something crazy wrong. I've posted a screenie. Any ideas?

Attached File(s) Image(s)

12-03-2010 10:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rofar Offline

RE: weird problem
Are you sure you have the latest updated files? Run the Auto-updater to be sure. Thats the first thing I would think of to check.
12-03-2010 11:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

the double slash c:// brings my attention
did you change anything in the project settings?
you can try re-extracting the sdk to a different place on your drive
12-04-2010 12:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dragonfly3 Offline

ok, I deleted the SDK and re-extracted it and ran the autoupdate again (I had tried running it before but it didn't work) and that seems to have fixed whatever was wrong. Not sure what it was but it's all working now. Thanks smile
12-04-2010 12:22 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply