About Store Forum Documentation Contact

A Few Questions On Esenthel
Dredge Offline

A Few Questions On Esenthel
My recently announced game company "Round Table Games" is starting work on our debut title 'Last Alive'. We had been looking into the Unreal Engine as the back bone for the game however, there are some things we would like to do with the game that are either;

a.) Not supported by Unreal

or

b.) Almost impossible to script/program in a consistant fashion.

I found Esenthel through DevMaster.net, and have been just floored by what I have seen so far and I have already told most of the Production Team Leaders that we might be switching over. I do, however, have a few questions before I "take the plunge" as it were.

1.) Character customization/Character unique stats. Is this possible with Esenthel? Sort of like classes of characters with individual strengths and weaknesses, and (possibly) the ability for the player to tweak the look a little bit.

2.) City/Urban Area building. Most of what I have seen has been open world forest-esque style worlds with a few cottage buildings. Is it possible to have that same expansive world but fill it with more modern urban areas? Roads, skyscrapers, gas stations, etc.

3.) Tried searching but couldn't find anything related to real time weather or something along the same lines. Is it possible to do have weather cycles and day night cycles?

lastly;

4.) One of the main aspects of our title that we must have is the ability to craft/combine weapons. Given that we have all the models of the various weapons and combinations done, is it possible to build into the game some form of crafting GUI for the players?

Sorry for the long winded questions, but I have learned from talking to other "Engine Communities" that I need to be very specific.
Thanks for any and all answers!
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2010 09:09 PM by Dredge.)
12-09-2010 09:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
runewake2 Offline

RE: A Few Questions On Esenthel
1. Yes. If you have downloaded the engine their are tutorials on custom stats.

2. Roads, not yet (Check the roadmap). However you can make a road model and a few city building models and you should be just fine.

3. Weather is also on the road map but not yet added. Day Night cycles have a tutorial and can be easily done.

4. Crafting GUI should be about the same as any other engine. Not really sure about it but if you know your way around the GUI you should have no problem.
12-10-2010 01:43 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hi and welcome to the forum!

1. Yeah, you can fully customize the game classes and characters.

2. Yes, the easiest way is just import your models to the World Editor.

3. As mentioned by runewake

4. Yeah, you can make custom Gui's, you can combine weapons, etc..
12-10-2010 01:53 AM
Dredge Offline

Thanks for the replies. I have been reading up more and more about the engine and I think it is safe to say that 'Last Alive' will be powered by Esenthel! I look forward to getting to know more of you and getting this top notch engine behind our game. Great community, great engine....Great start!
12-10-2010 02:14 AM