About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Uhh... Sky? :3
tixii Offline

Uhh... Sky? :3
Hey there!

I was hoping somebody could help me with something that I'll probably smack myself on the forehead later, but I'm stumped.

When I open the World Editor tool, you begin with a blue screen. After playing around with some of the landscaping tools within that program, I wanted a sky like the ones shown in all the examples Esenthel lists on the main site.

I've tried endless combinations of pictures under the "Sky" environment options from the files I was provided in the free download. I just need a bit of help to get a kick start...

If somebody could point me in the right direction to a tutorial of some sort, or explain how I could design myself a basic sky... with clouds and a sun and such... then I'd be forever grateful!

Sorry in advance for my very VERY n00b-ish question, but I'm just getting started wink

Looooove,
tixii
12-10-2010 10:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Online
Administrator

RE: Uhh... Sky? :3
Hi,

If you select the Data Path in the World editor to the SDK data folder (like mentioned in the welcome screen once you startup the tool)
then you will have the sky and sun and clouds setup automatically.

delete the path.txt, and all world editor*.txt files,
and reset the world editor
12-10-2010 10:51 PM
tixii Offline

RE: Uhh... Sky? :3
I tried that... but I after deleting the path document, it still wasn't working... still had my old settings in the editor.

I finally figured it out, though! I put the cloud images in the "Sky" portion of the Environment Options menu... not the cloud part. Silly mistake, coming from not reading ALL the options through a couple times.

Thanks again for your reply!

(Edit: I forgot to delete the .txt files you mentioned, but I got it all fixed anyways! haha)
(Edit #2: It still wasn't working... so I deleted the .txt documents annnnd NOW it's all good!)
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2010 11:56 PM by tixii.)
12-10-2010 11:52 PM