About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Roadmap?
Chosker Offline

Roadmap?
hello there,
I'm new here. I've seen the engine demo and it has a very nice set of features.
I am wondering however about its future. Is there a public list of the things planned for the future?

later
07-25-2009 11:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Xerios Offline

Re: Roadmap?
Well he does have a todo list , he just doesn't reveal it .. unless it's in the polish forum
07-26-2009 01:11 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

at current time the main focus is being put into providing more functionalities into the World Editor tool.
lately has been added: collaborative editing, playing inside the editor.
next will be added: importing heightmaps from images, adding rivers and foliage.
in more distant future I'd like to implement also built-in multiplayer support, so programmers wouldn't need to program it manually.
If you have some specific needs or ideas, let me know.
07-26-2009 11:55 AM
Chosker Offline

that's a nice list for the future smile
I work on an RPG (Elium) but after a long time working on the Nebula2 engine we're about to move to another engine. My choice would be Esenthel but it's more up to my programmer (I'm the artist).

importing a heightmap from a texture is something I'd need to import my already-existing huge world terrain. the second thing I'd need would be some way to place the same textures as well, but I realize that would be harder. In my case we used a splat texture where R-G-B-A values would define the texture used, but how does Esenthel tell how to put textures in the terrain?
also abit off the "wishlist" theme here's a question. Is a world limited to the 14 textures for all the terrain or is that actually 14 textures per terrain chunk?

other than that and the already mentioned (somewhere) thing for using more than 1 grass type, and the ones you mentioned now, it's all great for me. the engine already seems very nice and any further improvements in time will be welcome.

so if we finally decide on using this engine you'll hear more from me around here smile
later
07-26-2009 12:13 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

the material system is 3 materials limit per triangle, and 256 per single area chunk
07-26-2009 07:30 PM