About Store Forum Documentation Contact

MMO & RPG feature
gusrbehfdl Offline

MMO & RPG feature
Hello, I'm new here, but I've been going thru most of the tutorials.

I'm not an expert C++ programmer(I am better at C#) but I have no problem(so far) understanding and using esenthel codes.

I am fascinated by this amazing engine and planning to purchase indi license.

my question is that before I spend not small money(for a jobless student), I want to know what MMO and RPG codes are capable of.

1 - does RPG sample covers using database? if not, is there any difference using database in esenthel then regular C++ code?

2 - is MMO sample code solely based on C++ or is it combined with such like JAVA?

3 - do you think I will be able to understand codes in MMO and RPG if I understand current tutorial codes(and Bloody Massacre code).

4 - are there additional models like house or characters in MMO and RPG files?

5 - can you tell me what kind of additional tutorials(if any) are included in purchased files?
12-16-2010 05:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
fatcoder Offline

RE: MMO & RPG feature
1. Esenthel does not cover using a database at this time. Perhaps in the future though. The MMO sample that comes with Esenthel uses flat files.

2. C++

3. Yes, it is all very similar and easy to understand. However, concepts required for an MMO RPG (such as networking, client/server architecture, etc...) may not be as easy to understand depending on your level. This stuff is language independent.

4. There are some additional resource packs you can download from the Esenthel main web site, which will help you get started. However, for a serious project, you'll need your own assets.

5. http://www.esenthel.com/?id=buy
12-16-2010 06:36 AM
gusrbehfdl Offline

Ah, thanks for the reply.

I can't wait to see Client/server codes
12-16-2010 09:41 PM
dylantan Offline

Just wondering about the Client/Server Code. I haven't seen the Code yet and waiting for the buying procedure from Esenthel. I am pretty convinced that Esenthel is the right platform for MMORPG and after seeing the demo, I have decided to buy the indie version.

I am pretty sure that we could add the database to the existing code and modify it to suit this purpose. However my question is the game logic in the source code reside at the Server side (like most MMORPG) or it is with the client?
02-07-2011 10:19 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
yvanvds Offline

You can divide it. Some things can happen on the client, others on the server. You can choose for yourself which actions you want to involve the server for. I guess it depends on what you want to protect from cheating.
02-08-2011 11:07 PM
dylantan Offline

(02-08-2011 11:07 PM)yvanvds Wrote:  You can divide it. Some things can happen on the client, others on the server. You can choose for yourself which actions you want to involve the server for. I guess it depends on what you want to protect from cheating.

Thanks and agreed with you. Am hoping to move most of the Game Logic to Server side, instead of Client. Some functionality may still be with the Client but mostly for visual purposes. Yet to fully study and understand the MMORPG Project code.
02-09-2011 04:41 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply