About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Modo 501 support?
Solo Offline

Modo 501 support?
Does anyone know if esenthel supports .lxo files from modo?

If so, would there be any loss in texture quality if 3d model is imported from modo? e.g. Lets say I want to import 3d grass, will it look just as good in esenthel engine as it does in modo?

Also, would esenthel engine support high polygon models, say 30-50 thousand without having a huge drop in framerate? Does anyone know the polygon count on the bald guy that comes with the engine?

If I made a model with 3D hair in modo and import it into EE, will the EE support this?
12-16-2010 10:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Solo Offline

RE: Modo 501 support?
You can save as .dae or .obj from modo which EE supports, this answers my first question. Can some body answer my other questions about the quality of the model once you import it into EE?

For the Space Station, what program did esenthel use to make that? Did he have to use light baking for that scene?
12-16-2010 11:39 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Space Station didn't use any lightmaps, only dynamic lights + ambient occlusion.
12-16-2010 11:42 PM
Zervox Offline

Why dont you test importing the texture and mesh into EE and see if it loses quality.
30 to 50k poly is no problem. of course if you are going to have one object that got 30-50k poly its a little over the top, eg lots of uneeded poly.
I've had over 50 11k poly meshes(3 different models) without problems each part of each type had 4 materials. eg, weapon,armor/cloth,body. How this helps.
12-20-2010 09:45 AM