About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Paths
Solimo Offline

Paths
Hello there,

I would like to ask about possibility of obtaining Memb<VecI2> of vectors calculated by PF (in Esenthel its A* type, isn't it?) . Ofc, i have researched documentation and found method for it. PathFind::Find(...);

To do that w need grid of walkable (and non) pixels. I would like to use one designed in editor ofc. I supposie it is one accesable (from point of code) in Game::AreaPath ?

Problem is that structures are different. I would like to avoid O^2 iteration to rewrite it. Any help? What i want to do is to obtain, mentoined earlier, vectors calculated by PF - i require it to create steering force cos basic methods provided by engine like actionMoveTo doesnt care about dynamic obstacles.
01-23-2011 08:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
menajev Offline

RE: Paths
Game::PathWalker
01-24-2011 12:39 AM
Solimo Offline

Thank you. I have missed this struct cos it's in Game:: (sic). I have already managed to do what I wanted but filled points by calling find returns strange quantity of Memc.elms. Sometimes there are whole path, sometimes just first n elms. Any guess why?
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2011 10:23 PM by Solimo.)
01-26-2011 09:28 PM
menajev Offline

Maps are divided to areas and PH returns only a way to first point in next area (same as in tutorial).
01-27-2011 12:17 AM