About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Sharing Work - Life Pods
simmsman4 Offline

Sharing Work - Life Pods
Thought it would be nice to share some of the work I'm doing with the engine to the rest of the people. I'm simi new to the engine so I have alot to do ahead.

Here are some pics of a lower level space station. Humans where placed here in storage while they travels across the galaxies.

thanks for looking
[Image: th_sp1a.jpg]
[Image: th_sp1b.jpg]
[Image: th_sp1c.jpg]
[Image: th_sp1d.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2011 05:04 PM by simmsman4.)
01-07-2011 10:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Driklyn Offline

RE: Sharing Work - Life Pods
Not too bad looking. Needs better lighting though...

P.S. There's a Showcase forum for this type of stuff smile
01-07-2011 11:02 PM
simmsman4 Offline

Yeah I've got to spend some time working on lighting.. I'm not really into that stage yet but hopefuly soon..

Once I get the lighting down and alot more props in.. all bring it to showcase level.
01-07-2011 11:10 PM
Driklyn Offline

(01-07-2011 11:10 PM)simmsman4 Wrote:  Once I get the lighting down and alot more props in.. all bring it to showcase level.

Too late, Esenthel already moved it grin (good decision, I'd say)

(01-07-2011 11:10 PM)simmsman4 Wrote:  Yeah I've got to spend some time working on lighting.. I'm not really into that stage yet but hopefuly soon..

Looks like you've got a pretty good start so far. I'll be looking forward to updated screens.
01-08-2011 12:20 AM
simmsman4 Offline

Yeah I agree, and thanks for the comments.. Sorry for the late reply I've been kinda busy with some other things in life.

Although, I've had some time to keep playing and learning the EE. Which I might add is just a great artist pipeline and world editor. Very clean and very smooth running.

Sadly though, theres nothing more in the screenshots then just cubes with shiny stickers. Until I can find myself a coder to make things come more to life. On the other hand I've spent some time watchin and reading some C++ tutorials, and there is nothing like getting that Hello World and what is your name program running.. LOL.. Time will tell,

Here are some shots of just importing and little playing around with world editor settings.
[Image: th_1_20_11f.jpg]
[Image: th_1_20_11e.jpg]
[Image: th_1_20_11d.jpg]
[Image: th_1_20_11c.jpg]
[Image: th_1_20_11b.jpg]
[Image: th_1_20_11a.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2011 05:01 PM by simmsman4.)
01-20-2011 04:45 PM
Driklyn Offline

Looking pretty good, especially the two of the desert scene. I assume you modeled and textured everything yourself? Nice to know you're still hanging in there.
01-20-2011 09:17 PM
ID0 Offline

Very nice, but not to much yet. And what would it be?
01-21-2011 01:49 PM
simmsman4 Offline

Yeah was liking the desert feel myself.

IDO, yes there isn't much yet nor is there a plot.. Odds are their will never be either. With pushing just over 300 models/zones etc in my photobucket. None have ever found their way into a fully running game.

This is due to my lack of coding skills and the lack of talent through out the internet. Good developers are hard to find.

But each day is a new one and you never know whats behind thread number 1,2,3 smile I just am posting things I'm working with until then.
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2011 04:07 PM by simmsman4.)
01-21-2011 04:05 PM
Dandruff Offline

Looks really nice, i love the desert scene too. I like what you did with the fog, sun and color, it adds a very cool diablo-esque feel to it smile
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2011 07:26 AM by Dandruff.)
01-22-2011 07:25 AM