About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Shaky Object
kiavash2k Offline

Shaky Object
Hi there,

I have a problem in my project. I've extended my own Character class from Game::Obj and used an Actor object for maintaining the Physical Body ( Capsule). I have frozen the Rotation on the actor but the problem is when I change the velocity of the actor in the Game::Obj::update(), the mesh starts to shake and I couldn't figure it out why. I don't want my actor to be kinematic since I use it's collision detection to walk on the surfaces. It's works and moves on the surfaces but it vibrates. I don't know how Game::Chr handles this.
03-26-2011 12:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Driklyn Offline

RE: Shaky Object
Have you tried drawing the capsule so you can see more clearly what is going on? I'm guessing the capsule is somewhat underground which is causing the capsule to get pushed up as you walk and shake about.

Or, perhaps the capsule is falling underground when you walk and getting pushed back up, causing it to shake. You could try turning on ccd (continuous collision detection) and see if that helps.

Or, maybe you could just remove the rotation from the matrix when drawing so, even though the shakiness is still occurring, you won't ever see it.
03-28-2011 09:38 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Shaky Object
please paste some code.

just applying velocities after freezing rotations should work fine.

the recommended method althoug is the usage of Controller (it has tutorial), if that shakes too, then you need to use KController.
03-28-2011 09:41 PM