About Store Forum Documentation Contact

'Create from Mesh' physics general performance
dominoe Offline

'Create from Mesh' physics general performance
Hi, been wondering about this for awhile, project is getting to the stage where I really have to worry about it - When using 'Create from Mesh' (As Mesh) vs. Convex/making them myself, is there a serious/moderate performance difference as the end result on an object thats intended to be entirely static? (obj_static, embedded into terrain, etc)

Especially on more complex objects, like buildings intended to be walked into, I enjoy the 'As Mesh' precision and speed vs. applying physics manually within the tool or having to make a simpler model by which to create a simpler physics with.

But, i see what appears to be thousands of blue lines criss-crossing my building and i'm wondering what exactly am I trading for all the ease of clicking 'As Mesh'?

This is fairly important as some of these buildings will be player housing, and walls/doors/windows/etc will need some fair amount of precision in their physics to avoid any incidents of the player's placing other objects without nasty clipping. I've attached a screenshot of what i mean - it'd be nice to be able to use the windiw sill there without having to manually add the entire physics structure myself on a complex building.
01-26-2011 07:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: 'Create from Mesh' physics general performance
your model looks simple (low poly), so don't worry about performance for phys mesh.
01-26-2011 08:39 PM
dominoe Offline

RE: 'Create from Mesh' physics general performance
excellent, thank you much smile
01-26-2011 11:53 PM