About Store Forum Documentation Contact

light, shadow, sound, world editor
todor0v Offline

light, shadow, sound, world editor
Hello, I read in another post that Esenthel will have global illumination/SSDO, I think this is a very important feature and hope to be added soon. It will also be nice to have shadows for layered and object clouds if possible, volumetric clouds have, but volumetric clouds are slow. Better shadows for the environment, shadow map works fine for characters and other animated meshes, but this needs a fix:
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/4568/essmap1.jpg
http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/5668/essmap2.jpg
The possiblilty to create lightmaps for an entire level made in the world editor, but I don't think this would be needed if the engine will have global illumination.
Locking character feet on surfaces, not very important, but looks nice.
Placing sounds in world editor I think is important.
2D icons for lights and sounds in editor.
Some precise positioning system of objects in editor, to rotate from 5 to 5 degrees, move from meter to meter... also, not very important.
I'm not a programmer so I don't have a clue how hard it is to implement those things. Esenthel is awesome and will become more awesome with some of those features!!! grin
01-31-2011 11:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
llynx Offline

RE: light, shadow, sound, world editor
(01-31-2011 11:26 PM)todor0v Wrote:  Locking character feet on surfaces, not very important, but looks nice.

animateAllignFeet does this already
01-31-2011 11:44 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

you can make the walls wider (not so thin), it will help with the issue
01-31-2011 11:49 PM
Driklyn Offline

(01-31-2011 11:26 PM)todor0v Wrote:  Some precise positioning system of objects in editor, to rotate from 5 to 5 degrees, move from meter to meter... also, not very important.

Actually, this is very important in my opinion. There are ways to do this already.

Press Z or the move icon next to the Custom button at the top to precisely move objects.

Turn on Grid Aligning in the Object submenu (or press Ctrl+G). This makes objects snap to the current grid size when moving. The grid size can be changed by using Object > Change Grid Size (or press Shift + G). You can also enable vertical grid aligning this way.

Grid Aligning also comes with the benefit of 15 degree rotation snapping.
02-01-2011 12:27 AM