About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Environment
Dwight Offline

Environment
Dear reader / Lectori salutem!

Is it possible in any way to lead the environment.txt files into the actual game itself? Thus that those settings will also be applied in the world?

Else, I would like to ask for some guidance on how to setup environmental settings without it. I was checking the Game::World.****() (World.h), but could not find anything usefull...

In short: how can I apply settings on a per world basis? Thus my ElvesMain.world must have different settings than ElvesVillage.world...

Thanks in advance, help is very much appreciated!!!

Dwight

SnowCloud Entertainment - We are recruiting!
http://www.sc-entertainment.com
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2011 07:19 PM by Dwight.)
02-09-2011 07:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
llynx Offline

RE: Environment
(02-09-2011 07:16 PM)Dwight Wrote:  Dear reader / Lectori salutem!

Is it possible in any way to lead the environment.txt files into the actual game itself? Thus that those settings will also be applied in the world?

Else, I would like to ask for some guidance on how to setup environmental settings without it. I was checking the Game::World.****() (World.h), but could not find anything usefull...

In short: how can I apply settings on a per world basis? Thus my ElvesMain.world must have different settings than ElvesVillage.world...

Thanks in advance, help is very much appreciated!!!

Dwight

You can set every setting yourself manually in your code.
You can also write a little importer that imports the txt file and applies the settings.
02-10-2011 12:47 AM
Dwight Offline

The problem is however, that I checked the world.h, and could not find the function that suits this problem...

Thanks for your reply!

02-10-2011 08:09 AM
fatcoder Offline

It is all there and can all be set via code. It is actually very easy to do once you find all the functions. Unfortunately they are scattered throughout EE. You won't find them in world.h. You need to be looking in display.h, sun.h, clouds.h, fog.h and water.h.

You would then write a class to handle switching worlds for you and perhaps load a world definition file (or even just hard code it) and set the correct settings for the world.
02-10-2011 12:28 PM
Dwight Offline

I managed to look in those headers, and re-create the environment as set in the World Editor. Thanks!

However, this now applies for all worlds, and not for a world specified.

I want to set environments on a per world basis. Different worlds need different environments, and I cannot find the function that allows me to specify worlds...

in verbal code:

if the name of the world equals, or contains "Human", apply the settings as stated

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2011 06:14 PM by Dwight.)
02-12-2011 02:09 PM
llynx Offline

(02-12-2011 02:09 PM)Dwight Wrote:  I managed to look in those headers, and re-create the environment as set in the World Editor. Thanks!

However, this now applies for all worlds, and not for a world specified.

I want to set environments on a per world basis. Different worlds need different environments, and I cannot find the function that allows me to specify worlds...

in verbal code:

if the name of the world equals, or contains "Human", apply the settings as stated

You can just re-apply new env settings when you initiate a world change, if you have a load-screen in between world changes then it's cleaner.
02-13-2011 12:10 PM