About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Client to Server
flipnSink95 Offline

Client to Server
Hi there, I'm new and this seems like a great engine, well I'm new again since I don't recall when I signed up for this, and was wondering, how might I do something with client to server connecting?
11-29-2010 07:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dynad Offline

RE: Client to Server
Well in the last updates of the SDK is a MMO framework implemented. But if thats not enough you can always use RakNet. It depends of course what kind of game your are planning to create.

If you want to use RakNet there is a tutorial somewhere on this forum with a example code.

~Dynad

There is always evil somewhere, you just have to look for it properly.
11-29-2010 07:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
flipnSink95 Offline

Thanks for the quick response, I'll look into that. I'm not really looking to make an MMO per say however I am looking to make a multiplayer game, which also has a singleplayer campaign. Thanks though, I'll look into those things.
11-29-2010 07:38 PM
dylantan Offline

Just wondering guys, with the current MMO framework, it is suffice to support more than 3k Concurrent User? Any advice?
02-07-2011 10:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

I haven't tested it on such number, but I don't think there should be any problem for such number of players.
02-08-2011 08:39 PM
yvanvds Offline

3k is a LOT. I believe games like WOW have about 3000 - 4000 players that can be logged in at the same time on a realm. But even then, they have multiple servers for different parts of the world AND separate servers for instances.
02-08-2011 10:56 PM
dylantan Offline

I see.. Not very familiar with network programming and still learning. I think would have to properly design the Server side to support this amount of user. Yeah I think 3k Users is may be quite heavy per server but doesn't mean its not doable. I seen 5k CCU on 1 server before although the server lagging quite a fair bit when moving around. Would have to design the Server side to multi threads also. Just curious guys, another partner advice us to use .Net framework to design the server and it may be easier to implement plus its would be more secure. My question is would it be good idea to use .Net framework to develop the server? Forgive if the question sound stupid. Any advice guys?
02-09-2011 04:57 AM