About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Synchronizer tool
Dandruff Offline

Synchronizer tool
I used to use this tool a lot to synchronize the sdk on my flash drive with the sdk from my computer. I love how it checks the sizes of the files and only copies over what's necessary while also removing files that are not present in the source.

I know that it has been replaced by the data browser but i can't seem to figure out how to "sync" it properly with my flash drive. I guess the synchronizer evolved to be an svn program, an awesome improvement and i picture a lot of us love it, but it would also be great for it to retain the previous functionality of what it was meant to replace.. if it doesn't already..

So, could anyone tell me how to sync locally using the data browser? Thanks!
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2011 11:48 PM by Dandruff.)
02-19-2011 11:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Synchronizer tool
the purpose of the tools is slightly different,

you could sync hdd with flash, but it's bit tedious
you need to launch editor and select data path as your hdd folder you wish to sync
upload the files to version control server (this can also be some place on your hdd)

then launch the editor with data path as flash folder, and sync it against the version control server (with path not changed)
02-20-2011 05:13 PM
Dandruff Offline

RE: Synchronizer tool
My goal is to sync the whole sdk, as in EsenthelEngineSDK\ and not just the data folder. I don't have any other assets and my games data path is just a stripped down version of the sdk (just the necessary textures/fonts/gobjs it requires). The only things that change most of the time between versions are the source.

It was so easy to sync before.. just set point a and point b and hit the button. Is it possible for you update it to work with the new engine.pak and maybe put it in the sdk?
02-21-2011 03:43 AM