About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Scripting possabilities in editor / trees
dylantan Offline

RE: Scripting possabilities in editor / trees
(03-17-2011 02:34 PM)jamessimpler Wrote:  Forgive me for my dumb-ness question. Since we are at the topic of Tree. I have 2 issues which I hope Esenthel could help:
1. How could we animate trees in Esenthel? Animate I mean by tree movement (as if wind blowing). How can this be done in Esenthel?
2. Texture Wrapping on Object without stretching. For example, tree. I have a tree exported to obj format which broken down into 2 parts Tree Trunk with Branches and Leafs. Applying texture was easy enough especially for the leafs (looked good) but for the tree trunk and branches itself, the texture applied on the object was stretched. How can we apply continuous wrapping instead of stretching? if this even possible in Esenthel?

Would be interesting to find out too. Anyone has any idea of how the above can be achieved?
03-18-2011 06:48 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

1. you can do this as normal skeleton animation, or setup "material leaf technique" for leafs
03-18-2011 07:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
llynx Offline

If there are stretches then that means the UV mapping isn't properly done/could be done better and should be redone correctly in whatever modeler you use.
(This post was last modified: 03-18-2011 09:35 AM by llynx.)
03-18-2011 09:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply