About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Importing/Exporting for Daz3D
dragonfly3 Offline

Importing/Exporting for Daz3D
I use some modeling software called Daz Studio 3 as well as Daz3D models purchased from their website. It's easy to export models and textures from Daz Studio 3 and import them into Esenthel but I'm trying to figure out how to export & import animation.

They have what they call aniblocks which are blocks of animation, similar to what comes with Esenthel (i.e. walk.anim). They are in .ds and .gfa formats.

I can create skeletons with Esenthel. Will your pre-made animations work with them?

Would you possibly be able to take a peek at their stuff and see if it is possible to allow for importing these animation blocks?

You can see info on Daz Studio 3 here:
http://developer.daz3d.com/i/software/daz_studio3?_m=d

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DAZ_Studio

I also have the following plugins for it:
Texture Atlas:
http://developer.daz3d.com/i/shop/itemde...item=10674

Decimator:
http://developer.daz3d.com/i/shop/itemde...item=10673

They also have this piece of software but I don't want to buy it unless it will be useful in importing/exporting with Esenthel. Could you tell me possibly if it would be useful?
http://www.daz3d.com/i/3d-models/daz-stu...t=341&_m=d

Thanks smile
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2011 09:08 AM by dragonfly3.)
03-09-2011 09:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Importing/Exporting for Daz3D
I wont be able to look at this in the nearest future (to busy with other stuff..)
03-09-2011 01:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
llynx Offline

I'm currently the only person in the world who knows how to export from Daz and import to Esenthel with proper rigging and animations. I'm busy right now but once I get time I'll write a tutorial on how to do this! It's quite a long, potentially inefficient process but it works and took me a long long time to get it to work ;D
03-09-2011 04:51 PM
Voc007 Offline

I don't know if you knew, but you have to buy game developer kit for like $150.00, and each models are like $100.00 to $250 like Victoria 4.2 is priced $99.95 for single use, or $249.95 for multi-use. You can't just buy the models from 3d daz website, you have to buy from developer 3d daz website..
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2011 05:17 PM by Voc007.)
03-09-2011 05:16 PM
dragonfly3 Offline

Voc007- yes, I know. smile I have a registered account with the developer section and have purchased licensed models already, including victoria 4.2. I've also purchased 2 pieces of the 3 piece combo of the developer kit-the texture atlas and the decimator. I didn't get the FBX plug-in because Esenthel doesn't import fbx files directly but if I need to buy it to get the proper importing done then I will.

llynx- OMG I would sooooo appreciate it!! I plan on using a great deal of Daz models-all of the character races in my game will use them and I plan to use some of their clothing. Life would be sooooo much easier if I could import rigging and animation. I spent about 4 hours last night building a skeleton for my female lizardian character class in the EE model editor. I don't mind doing that part, it's the animation that I would really love to be able to import because Daz makes it so simple to create animations. Can't wait for the tutorial! Thanks!
03-09-2011 05:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Voc007 Offline

Okay thats cool, yeah the Daz models look good in Esenthel, good luck on your project..
03-09-2011 05:52 PM
baphomeh Offline

yummy

ive been promotign use of DAZ characters for use in mmorpgs ever since.. gosh i dunno like 2002 or so?

im really happy that other folks will be doing it .. shoudl eb pretty cool, all our games come out the same time and itll be interestign to see how we all implement them differently..

in the past i used to do a cludgy complicated thing between daz and blender (using collada)

but at the end of the day , i too will be awaiting this process from lynx

i used to have a decent set of tuts about it over at my site (http://underworldmmo.wordpress.com) but im burnt out . will redo like.. maybe end of april?
03-10-2011 05:34 PM
dragonfly3 Offline

Drooling over anticipation of the tutorial grin

My lead programmer has experience with Daz modeling so a tutorial will be very beneficial to him as well smile
03-16-2011 07:48 PM
llynx Offline

Sorry, I won't be getting around to finishing it until this weekend.
03-16-2011 07:59 PM
dragonfly3 Offline

That's ok, didn't mean to imply a rush on you or anything like that. Just excited to have found out that someone on the planet knows how to do it smile
03-17-2011 12:44 AM
llynx Offline

Ahhh sorry again, spent all weekend writing a grant proposal and putting together a team, next weekend I promise.
03-21-2011 03:58 AM
MrPi Offline

Hey llynx, can you maybe post a few screenshots of your exported characters in Esenthel? How many polygons and bones do they have?
03-22-2011 10:33 AM
Nethrix Offline

I am also very much interested in this. i avoided daz3d due to licensing, however, reading about a developers license. this would be awesome to import into esenthel.
03-22-2011 11:49 AM
dragonfly3 Offline

no problem llynx. Thanks smile
03-22-2011 05:14 PM
dragonfly3 Offline

Bump wink
03-29-2011 04:07 PM