About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Scripts for weapons and inventory
Manuu Offline

RE: Scripts for weapons and inventory
(03-09-2011 09:06 AM)Dwight Wrote:  Creating a game with NO knowledge of programming won't work. At least no decent games.

First chapter of the cplusplus.com book is where you can find and how to compile the code.
Yes, but there is somewhere that specifically explain some of that, or I have to read the whole book that's varialbes. _. and everything else that I think has nothing to do.
03-09-2011 02:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tottel Offline

Lol. One book won't even be enough (What? OMG?).

Yes, you should read the whole book. You don't need to understand absolutely everything to do some basic editing, but it absolutely helps.
03-09-2011 06:49 PM
Dynad Offline

(03-10-2011 09:37 PM)Tobbo Wrote:  I think all he wants to know is where to call up the scripts for the weapons, etc. The code is already there, however it's the Bloody Massacre code. But if he can't get the code implemented in the first place it doesn't matter how well he writes the script. So telling him to pick up some C++ books because he has no knowledge of C++ is not going to solve his first problem. That's not what he's asking.

I guess you don't understand the point either... C++ knowledge is essential the begin with, if he doesn't know how to compile a project or how to add classes to it i guess its no point to give him any directions at all.. or he will come up with "How you do that?" replies etc.

Even that its not just copy/paste and it works.. to make it work you will need to integrate it in your game.. he can better start with the simple tutorials and learn about them... then if he understands what it all does then he can start to combine those examples to 1 project to learn how to add more features.

After some while then he can start thinking about Bloody Massacre..

~Dynad

There is always evil somewhere, you just have to look for it properly.
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2011 08:19 AM by Dynad.)
03-11-2011 06:16 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zervox Offline

Quote:they attacked him. Which doesn't help at all.
Attacked? They told him to learn some basic c++, read up in a c++ book.
We are not here to build his game for him, and we do often help, but if unable to even locate or place files is too hard, we have to tell him to read up on c++ and learn the basics. This is not a 1 click make a game engine(atleast I hope not).

Quote:In the editor you can choose to test run the level or whatever. Some of the functionality is there, like walking, physics, etc. But some of it is not there, like weapons, AI, (The actual game)

The actual game is for developers to create, AI is way to genre specific to implement, and I'd rather make my own AI for my game, there is no need to add AI as it will just bloat the engine, pathfinding is a different thing and isn't AI persê.

Yeah the test play in the editor is pretty simple and is great for its purpose fast visualization of your world with interactive camera.

Quote:He asked a simple question. And nobody gave him a straight answer.
You can now see why he would ask the question.
And the answer is you have to build the scripts in order to get the actual game play. The entire game is not inside the world editor, just the world.
Where is your straight answer? and by the way your answer is unrelated to what he was asking about.
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2011 08:00 PM by Zervox.)
03-11-2011 07:58 PM
Manuu Offline

fine jewelry, I made ​​a mess but I explained and gave me a clue on how to insert the codes into my game.
03-12-2011 03:52 AM
Tobbo Offline

Manuu - What is your native language?
03-12-2011 06:03 PM
Dynad Offline

(03-12-2011 06:03 PM)Tobbo Wrote:  Manuu - What is your native language?

If you just look at the first page of this thread u see that he replied once in Spanish..

There is always evil somewhere, you just have to look for it properly.
03-12-2011 06:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Manuu Offline

argentina
03-12-2011 09:48 PM