About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Code Editor : Good and Bad
runewake2 Offline

RE: Code Editor : Good and Bad
I like that idea iamcreasy. Instead of performing the switch behind the scenes doing it so that you could see it would make the CE a good way tolearn C++. Making it more of a stepping stone then a seperate language/editor.
03-28-2011 03:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

The idea of CE auto managing #include for you wouldn't work, as it's far more complex to just add "#include" for your cpp's/headers, in many cases there need to be performed additional processing steps, forward declarations, moving function bodies out of their classes to outside, proper order rearrangement, that would simply not work. That's why code editor works on separate basis, on .es files, and then it converts everything to .cpp/.h

Also note that there already is built-in conversion to .cpp .h files, it's always performed during building. So if for any reason you wish to switch back from Code Editor to Visual Studio, you don't need to rewrite your .es codes from scratch, but you can use .cpp .h .vcproj files generated in "project/_C++ Build_" folder

Also note that debugging is possible by using option "play/debug" and "play/open in visual studio"
03-28-2011 03:36 PM
iamcreasy Offline

umm...i thought it was like managing imports of java, Netbeans has a similar feature. When the IDE encounters this kind of error, the suggestion list contains auto Import/auto include feature. You can mimic this feature in CE. You just need to select it from the list, and the line is added.

[Image: Untitled-1.jpg]

I am just trying to say CE's current way to doing things can be misguiding for most of the amateur people thinking that this IS the C++ way.Which feels terrible.
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2011 05:32 PM by iamcreasy.)
03-28-2011 04:29 PM
Truelegend Offline

I think Code Editor is not bad choice. Its like C++ but you dont need to include headers/lib's. But i will never use this. The best choice is c++ and it will never change!

#define public private
#define private public
03-30-2011 08:02 PM
liverol Offline

The code editor is the fast and easy way to do some code job,also good for an "all in one" editor,i think it's neccesary for EE,hope it will be more powerful and easy to use!!
04-01-2011 03:18 PM
Truelegend Offline

It will be good but if you dont break standards of c++ ...

#define public private
#define private public
04-01-2011 06:42 PM