About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Code Editor: Xcode Support
Brad_Mclain Offline

Code Editor: Xcode Support
Sorry If i missed this because it has been asked before. but is there any chance that sometime in the future that the code editor could include XCode as the compiler?

This would allow the Code Editor to become a cross platform solution for coding.
03-30-2011 10:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Code Editor: Xcode Support
I will test this soon, but wheter or not it's possible, it depends only if xcode supports some functionality as vs does.
03-31-2011 09:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Brad_Mclain Offline

Sorry to bump an old thread but looking for an update on this.

I noticed its been added to the roadmap but would like to know to see if I should proceed using code editor or use visual studio/xcode instead when developing my game to allow for windows/mac support.

Actual implementation of the feature is not time critical only whether or not it will be posible, as I can proceed with development under windows code editor knowing that in the future xcode compilation will also be possible.
08-04-2011 01:41 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Whether code editor will support xcode I don't know yet (because I haven't tested it yet)

However you can make your game using Code Editor on windows.

Once you have the game working, you can just make an xcode project, and manually copy C++ files generated from the Code Editor.
08-06-2011 01:07 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

however for the moment avoid using "super" because GCC (xcode) doesn't natively support it.

in future I'll add "super" to "correct class" automatic conversion for GCC compilers.
08-06-2011 01:17 PM