About Store Forum Documentation Contact

converter software mode is gone
yvanvds Offline

converter software mode is gone
Hey.

I opened up the converter tool, and can't find the software mode button in the image tab any more. Is this on purpose? How can I make sure my images are converted to software mode now?

yvan
12-10-2011 03:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: converter software mode is gone
Hi, yes it was removed.
Why do you need images in software mode?
12-10-2011 04:23 PM
yvanvds Offline

you might remember a thread from a few weeks back. I've made a struct to load an image wherein the colors indicate in which zone the player is in.

Since the image is only used to lookup zones, there's no needed to load it in hardware mode. Moreover, it makes it slower because i have to lock it before i can lookup the value of a pixel.

I have found a workaround now: load the image and copy it to another image with software mode as a copy option. But that seems like an unneeded step to me, although speed impact is not that bad. It only happens once, while loading the game.

Also, while creating this, I've found images are a very handy way to lookup stuff that is location related. So yes, software images are quite useful I think.
12-10-2011 04:42 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Thanks!
I will restore the software functionality smile
12-11-2011 05:18 PM
yvanvds Offline

Another (related) thing. I noticed today that it is no longer possible to exclude files and folders from a pak file by starting them with an underscore. While I never would have missed it if it wasn't there before, I started depending on it long ago to keep my source files in the same directory as the files that should be included in the game. Also my svn folders start with an underscore.

Is there any reason why you removed it? I think it was quite handy. Now I have to move files manually before I can create a pak. It's a lot more work to get an update done. And working with subversion is troublesome now.
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2011 07:55 PM by yvanvds.)
12-17-2011 07:45 PM
Harry Offline

(12-17-2011 07:45 PM)yvanvds Wrote:  Another (related) thing. I noticed today that it is no longer possible to exclude files and folders from a pak file by starting them with an underscore.

I miss that too. It was very useful for persons who keeps all sources and temporary files together in one main catalog.
12-18-2011 09:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

I will restore it
12-29-2011 04:20 PM
yvanvds Offline

Thanks!
12-29-2011 04:36 PM