About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Step-by-step guide
ordaz Offline

Step-by-step guide
Hi all.

I've read the CHM, had a good look at the wiki and searched the forums.
Then, here I am back at "Company".

I'll have to write a "step by step guide to install and configure the Esenthel Engine" for internal use (hence, in Spanish). I've seen guides aimed at the Free version, yet I've been unable to find such a guide for the Company version. I might be mistaken (please, tell me if I am) but I think the Company files are to be added to the Personal or Free version folder hierarchy.
Then, config changes and all.

If there is such a "Company Version Installation Guide" I've missed, I do apologize; please, point me to it.

If there is not such a guide, I offer myself to write a draft (in English) for Esenthel to approve and then making a neat PDF for all good Company fellows... as long as you help me gather enough clear information to make it best.

Cheers!
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2011 02:31 PM by ordaz.)
04-20-2011 02:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zervox Offline

RE: Step-by-step guide
Just copy the source code into tutorials folders and add the files and compile. Don't really need a own tutorial IMO.
04-20-2011 02:38 PM
ordaz Offline

Hi Zervox.

As long as the Company Source downloads don't include SLNs and are to be installed as an add-on, so to say, I do believe a clean and comprehensive guide would be more than welcome.

What's more, if you are to lead a team of coders you must provide them with this kind of instructions so all their installations, paths, etc. are coherent and troubleshooting is far easier.

It's not just my opinion: it's a part of my job.
Hence my RFC.

Cheers!
04-20-2011 02:48 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hi,

Yes you can just copy the source to any VS project with EE compatible settings http://www.esenthel.com/wiki/index.php?t...ual_Studio (Tutorials.sln for example from sdk\tutorials)
04-20-2011 02:55 PM
Zervox Offline

Ah, sorry about that, I thought you meant a tutorial overall for all users, your post seemed to me to have two meanings, one which I understood internal use, and one which I mistook as for every user to see. Again sorry smile
04-20-2011 03:54 PM
ordaz Offline

No problem at all smile

I think I'll create a standard setup, 7zip it and write the document itself.
If anyone is interested, I can translate and drop it here wink
04-20-2011 04:06 PM