About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Accessing objects in world.
dario Offline

Accessing objects in world.
Hi everyone.

In my game, there are some objects that has couple of versions (buildings). On each stage, the player can upgrade existing building or buy a new one. So, for example, from three versions of one building, I need to render only one at time (currently bought). The question is, how to add new meshes to the world, or access existing ones to remove/disable it?

The only solution I came up with, is to manually load and draw appropriate objects.
05-31-2011 09:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
menajev Offline

RE: Accessing objects in world.
If saying manually you mean creating a new type based on static with additional function to change mesh and use it in WE then yes - even if it's not only, it's the most logical solution.
05-31-2011 10:24 PM
Driklyn Offline

EsenthelEngineSDK\Tutorials\Source\Advanced\4 - Demos, Game Basics\Game Basics\10 - Dynamically Created Objects.cpp
06-01-2011 01:23 AM
dario Offline

@menajev

I haven't thought to do it this way. I'm new to the Esenthel, so obvious solutions often aren't so obvious wink

I have another question. Is there any way, to disable rendering water made in the world editor during gameplay?
06-01-2011 01:02 PM
menajev Offline

If you're using VS - type 'Water', right-click, Go To Definition and look for it. wink
06-01-2011 01:31 PM