About Store Forum Documentation Contact

EEDevTools (Developer's Console / Project Creator / Luabind Generator)
neo22 Offline

RE: EEDevTools
Awesome tool, very usefull! thanks a lot for sharing this!
05-15-2011 06:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Driklyn Offline

(05-15-2011 05:08 PM)Barthap Wrote:  Hello, I have a font bug. When you write in console, the font dynamically changes (red for bad command, white for normal) but it changes everywhere (inventory, pause gui), not only in console (after writing bad command in console i have red item names in inventory).

Just so you know, I fixed this over a week ago (as well as a few other bugs). I am currently working on a different tool (one that isn't listed on the first post) and I was waiting to update until this new tool is ready. Didn't think it was gonna take quite this long, or else I would have fixed it a while ago. Sorry. Hopefully should only be a few more days...
06-02-2011 07:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Barthap Offline

Ok, now it isn't really urgent so it can wait.
06-02-2011 05:10 PM
Driklyn Offline

Okay, so a few days turned into a month! Good news is, I have a brand new tool ready to go for EEDevTools! I'm working on creating a video tutorial of how to use it, since it's a bit more complicated to use compared to the Console tool.

This new tool is related (somewhat) to one of the features on the roadmap, but which one may it be??! Ooooh aah... a mystery. Check this thread later today (hopefully) to find out!
07-05-2011 09:48 AM
Dandruff Offline

Great! Can't wait smile
07-06-2011 05:20 AM
Driklyn Offline

Working on the video tutorial right now. Unfortunately, I won't be able to finish it and upload it until tomorrow or maybe even the next day. I thought a video tutorial would be easier to do, but now I'm not so sure.. pfft

Rest assured, it's coming though!
07-06-2011 05:25 AM
Driklyn Offline

Update: I've just finished recording the video tutorial. Now, all I have to do is edit it, convert it, and upload it to YouTube. It should be ready to go by tonight (hopefully).
07-07-2011 08:39 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

I'm curious too smile
07-07-2011 08:11 PM
Driklyn Offline

The video tutorial is currently being uploaded to YouTube. Still has about 30 minutes to go and will probably take a few hours to fully process.

I'm going to bed now, but sometime after I wake up, I will reveal the new tool and post a link to the video plus a download link.

Hope you guys like it smile
07-08-2011 08:33 AM
Driklyn Offline

--------------------

The new tool has finally been released! Check the first post to reveal the mystery and for more information.
07-08-2011 07:29 PM
Dandruff Offline

RE: EEDevTools (Developer's Console / Events System)
awesome work driklyn. Your video's very clear and informative, i love it. Gonna download and try it as soon as i can!
07-08-2011 09:02 PM
Brad_Mclain Offline

Very cool, love the tutorial as well. The effort you have put into it is excellent.
07-09-2011 01:14 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Driklyn Offline

Thanks guys! smile Lots of effort went into making that video, and the tool.

I was a little worried if I did a good job or not on the video. Thought I might have made it seem more confusing than it really is.

Let me know if you have any questions!
07-09-2011 07:13 AM
Barthap Offline

It's looking very good! But I really like LUA and I'll try to connect this script language with Events system. smile Any ideas how to do that?
07-09-2011 07:51 AM
Driklyn Offline

I considered making the events system work with Lua at the beginning, but thought it would make it harder for people to use, so I didn't even attempt it.

I don't have much (hardly any) experience with Lua, so I'm not sure. However, the only major difference that would be needed (from what I can tell) is instead of using C++ function pointers in the EventData and FuncData structs, you would need to switch this to the Lua equivalent (whatever that may be).

If it's possible to point a C++ function pointer to a Lua function, you're all set (I believe). No changes would be required (don't hold me to that pfft).
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2011 08:54 AM by Driklyn.)
07-09-2011 08:50 AM