About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Switching Host
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Switching Host
I am switching host, so within next few hours forum may be temporarily offline or other website pages unavailable.
05-01-2011 03:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Switching Host
Some people already see this new host. If something is not working - please let me know.
05-01-2011 07:53 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

The host was switched yesterday, does anyone experience any speed difference when browsing the website or downloading files from esenthel.com? Or does it feel the same?
05-02-2011 12:53 PM
Harry Offline

Well in older host when I downloaded files like Esenthel RPG max download speed was about 70Kb/s. Now it starst whit about 38 and then max grow up to 60. I have 2Mb internet.
05-02-2011 01:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dynad Offline

I don't feel any difference in browsing the forum.. the download speed is around 400kb/s with a 40mbit download connection.

There is always evil somewhere, you just have to look for it properly.
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2011 01:40 PM by Dynad.)
05-02-2011 01:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mardok Offline

Browsing forum - i don't feel any difference. For me forum speed is ok (old host was ok too).
Downloading files - max 70 kb/s with fall tendency to ~55-60kb/s.

Maybe use FILESONIC or other host(RAPIDSHARE, FILESERVE, HOTFILE, ...) for sharing your files - alternatively.
Some users who have accounts will be happy.
At filesonic i have 900 - 1000 kb/s on my 20Mb/s internet.
05-02-2011 03:44 PM
llynx Offline

(05-02-2011 03:44 PM)Mardok Wrote:  Downloading files - max 70 kb/s with fall tendency to ~55-60kb/s.

Use a download accelerator like Downthemall or DAP. I'm not sure if the host throttles large file downloads but opening up to ~10 connections to download the same file with a download accelerator puts me at about 8-11 MB/s on my 11MB/s line (not mbit) versus 500-1000 KB/s using the standard browser downloader. Whereas the previous host without a download accelerator put me at 100-200kb/s and 1-2 MB/s with a download accelerator.

Good choice in webhost IMO Esenthel!
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2011 04:52 PM by llynx.)
05-02-2011 04:50 PM
Mardok Offline

Ok,

Well the conclusion is:

New host is ok and all are very happy, so... Esenthel get back to work and don't waste your time. All are waiting for Ineisis and other stuff.

Small beer for you on the incentive^^
[Image: 1639.jpg]
05-02-2011 06:13 PM
Tottel Offline

You're too kind, Mardok. smile

I get over 1.0 mb/s downloading a demo from the main site. That's pretty acceptable to me. grin
05-02-2011 11:03 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

as someone pointed a moment ago in support forum, Autoupdate will not work correctly because of switching host : tomorrow I'll try to upload latest SDK version, with all added recently improvements, and updated Autoupdate
for downloading sdk please use 7z archive from main website download page
http://www.esenthel.com/?id=download
05-03-2011 10:04 PM