About Store Forum Documentation Contact

World Editor - Defining Areas
Brad_Mclain Offline

World Editor - Defining Areas
Hey guys, just looking for some advice as to how best to define areas within the world editor.

Intended usage:
1. Climate areas for different types of weather
2. City limits, how to determine if a player is within a certain region or city within the world
3. Areas required for completion of a quest.

My only current idea on how to do it would be to use the Material Type field in the terrain material, however I think this is more for stuff like sounds on the ground. This method would require me to define far more materials then necessary as well, so it is not ideal.

What are your thoughts on this?
05-09-2011 03:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
menajev Offline

RE: World Editor - Defining Areas
The simplest - use some basic figures (square, circle), place them in WE and get their positions and scales.
05-09-2011 09:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

You can surround city with waypoint with many points and in code load it and convert it as 2d polygon and do intersection tests
05-09-2011 11:39 AM
Brad_Mclain Offline

Thanks Esenthel will have to give that a try.
05-10-2011 05:38 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Driklyn Offline

(05-09-2011 11:39 AM)Esenthel Wrote:  You can surround city with waypoint with many points and in code load it and convert it as 2d polygon and do intersection tests

Exactly what I was thinking...
05-10-2011 08:27 AM