About Store Forum Documentation Contact

A few questions about the MMO template included
supazak Offline

A few questions about the MMO template included
Hi I was curious about the depth of the MMO template that comes with the engine. I've watched the videos and did not see any interaction with NPCs or even player to player interactions. They looked like they were swinging at each other with no worries. I assume this means they were teamed?

Are they able to unteam for PvP encounters?

Is the MMO template simillar to the RPG template it comes with or atleast does it have simillar functional setups?

I also noticed every one was very choppy except the person taping the footage. Is this due to a non dedicated server running the game or is it something to do with the engine/MMO source code?

Thanks for your time.
05-23-2011 04:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zervox Offline

RE: A few questions about the MMO template included
No, it doesn't have any pvp functionality nor does it have implemented NPCs. Look at the roadmap, and even then PvP is something that should be programmed by the user themselves. afterall it is just a simple template not the final solution to every functionality in a mmo.

MMO template does not come with everything found in the RPG2 source code.

they might have been choppy because I believe it didn't use interpolation/extrapolation between Players updated positions this is network code specific and is related to all networked code you can find, as long as there is no interpolation/extrapolation being done it will always look a bit choppy.
05-24-2011 02:17 AM
rndbit Offline

interpolation/extrapolation is used in mmo.
05-24-2011 10:42 AM
supazak Offline

Thanks for the replies.
05-24-2011 01:48 PM
Zervox Offline

(05-24-2011 10:42 AM)rndbit Wrote:  interpolation/extrapolation is used in mmo.

It wasn't at the time when the "movie" was created.
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2011 07:18 PM by Zervox.)
05-24-2011 07:18 PM
supazak Offline

So at this time int/ext is being used for the MMO template or is that coming soon?

My plan is to have a working FPS/MMO with a limited amount of inventory items to worry about. More story/achievement driven. I am assuming that shouldn't be much of a problem.

I've used a bit of Unity recently and they have ways to setup such "wannabe" MMO's with 3rd party softwares. It works fine for my purposes but for some reason I am liking Esenthel. One of those reasons being that the MMO network template is already in place. I haven't done any networking code before and would prefer to avoid it smile Not sure which to go with yet.

Thanks again for the info.
05-25-2011 12:13 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

yes, interpolation is available
05-25-2011 12:23 AM