About Store Forum Documentation Contact

The Design of Every Day Things
Morto Offline

The Design of Every Day Things
hi,

Esenthel take this as a constructive critique.

the topic is the name of a book, grate book.

resuming a bit, there are many design flaws(everywhere) and the only and best way to fix and learn from them is to get a completely independent person to use your product, be it a game, engine, espresso machine, or a car.

many "features" are not intuitive, many of them are not at reach, and a few other are cloaked.

the engine itself is one of the best i've found, full of neat features, programmable, "frameworked", extendable, deceiving "easy to use tools" and fast.

A game is never an easy thing to do but these are tasks made easy by Engines, this engine is/was? on the good track so far and i hope that with Ineisis this track can be perfected and improved. I ask you to read that book, or at least read a few chapters to try and understand the importance of design(UI/Chain of events/step sequence/button location/etc..), which in my opinion is week at the moment on Esenthel Engine.

Again i remind all readers that this is to be constructive, in any way i intend to flame this wonderful engine(and really amazing commented code).

Happy Game designing
Pedro Pereira
06-06-2011 04:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
runewake2 Offline

RE: The Design of Every Day Things
I believe that Esenthel knows that the UI is weak. However, he is working on other things (Ineisis being just one of those). I'm sure the UI will be improved soon or at least, sometime.
06-11-2011 01:55 AM
rndbit Offline

RE: The Design of Every Day Things
just use different GUI lib.. from my opinion clashes with esenthel's i understood that it is pointless to wait and hope that something improves. well at least he is fixing some rather serious shortcomings that come up, thats enough for me already..
06-13-2011 10:38 AM