About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Creating Indoor Scene in World Editor
miketeo Offline

Creating Indoor Scene in World Editor
Hi. I'm trying to create an indoor scene (a house with multiple rooms on multiple floor levels) using the World Editor. However, it is difficult to align the walls and doors. The World Editor seems to be really designed for creating terrains.

I had reviewed the "door" tutorial and had seen some of the dungeon-based demos. Is there another way where such indoor scenes are created?

Hope to receive some guidance from other Esenthel users on this issue.
Thanks in advance.

Michael
06-09-2011 01:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zervox Offline

RE: Creating Indoor Scene in World Editor
Aligning isn't that hard, if you are using the mouse, just zoom in alot, which makes the movement scale/speed alot lower, which allows for better placement. However, you will be required to navigate with the camera efficently to get it placed perfectly, I also only use prebuilt room meshes, eg floor wall and roof already built, either it being tiled part of a room, eg Corner with corner walls,roof,floor, and center section floor and roof, and mid sections, floor,roof,single wall and rotate 90 degree accordingly, hallways got one wall mesh/part on each side,
or a whole room itself isn't very different, but each wall roof and floor mesh being seperate objects can be kinda tricky to deal with, require alot of hand placement(tiresome).

Something I have noticed though, if you have rotated the object by hand, eg lets say 83.8, if you then copy it by having it selected and using insert, the object that is inserted get rotated a bit more than the previous one for each time.
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2011 02:13 AM by Zervox.)
06-09-2011 02:08 AM
Driklyn Offline

If you model the walls and doors to an exact scale. You will be able to easily snap pieces together and change the room around however you like. You can read a more detailed response on how to do this here.
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2011 03:42 AM by Driklyn.)
06-09-2011 03:42 AM
fatcoder Offline

I'm pretty sure the WE has some option for aligning to a grid. Esenthel even added vertical aligning a few months back too. Of course you'd have to model your mesh parts to be within increments of this "grid" for aligning to work well. Anyway, check out the WE options. Can't remember where I saw it as I don't use the WE much... I'm a programmer lol
06-09-2011 04:45 AM