About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Error When Entering Game
fatcoder Offline

Error When Entering Game
If you enter the world, then exit out, then try to enter again, you get the following error. Have tried it a few times. Always get the error, except the box Min/Max changes depending on where you last exited out of the world.

Attached File(s) Image(s)

06-09-2011 02:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zervox Offline

RE: Error When Entering Game
Yep, it happens if your computer isn't able to load the correct info fast enough, this happens due to the player update function isn't able to call _super::update() (I don't know why it is related but), I noticed this when experimenting myself on some mega update() player update function.

and it is caused by too many blocks are currently build in too small an area I believe.
06-09-2011 02:30 AM
fatcoder Offline

Strange it should only happen though when entering the game, exiting and then trying to enter again.
06-09-2011 04:35 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

thanks, it's probably related to PhysX limit of 64k shapes on the scene - probably too many block actors.
I'll investigate this tomorrow.
06-09-2011 10:02 PM
Dynad Offline

Yea maybe you can cluster large pieces to 1 phys object.. and please fix background streaming.. my screen freezes a lot when you walk around.. very annoying but you probably already know that wink

There is always evil somewhere, you just have to look for it properly.
06-09-2011 11:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply