About Store Forum Documentation Contact

dae models
WiLLyRS Offline

dae models
Hi guys! yes, i know, there is a topic titled .dae import 2 topic under mine, but it's not my problem smile
I've downloaded a .dae model from a free model site, don't remember which, but when I drag and drop it into the mesh editor it doesn't load, but it creates 4 .mtrl and a .gfx file in the folder where there is the .dae...
what i'm supposed to do with that?

I attach the .dae here!

Attached File(s)
.rar  Ramiro the Ram.rar (Size: 50.52 KB / Downloads: 4)
(This post was last modified: 06-14-2011 01:21 PM by WiLLyRS.)
06-14-2011 01:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tottel Offline

RE: dae models
The .gfx files are your textures on the model.
The .mtl files define for which part of the model they are + extra stuff as: howmuch specular, etc.
Apart from that, you *should* have a .mesh file as well, which is your actual model for in Esenthel.

EDIT: I imported the .dae model in 3DsMax, it seems to be transparant for some reason, and extremely small.
(This post was last modified: 06-14-2011 02:33 PM by Tottel.)
06-14-2011 02:28 PM
WiLLyRS Offline

Mmm so, maybe the problem is the model... I'll try with another!
06-14-2011 05:49 PM
dragonfly3 Offline

When you drop it into esenthel does it show 0 parts, 0 verts, 0 tris, 0 quads? Or are there some there?

I've discovered that some of the free dae models from google warehouse don't appear in esenthel, don't produce mesh files, but produce material and gfx files. If you import them into blender, select all, then export as obj they work fine in esenthel.
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2011 04:13 PM by dragonfly3.)
06-15-2011 04:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply