About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Little list of suggestions and wishes :)
Sarora Offline

Little list of suggestions and wishes :)
In wold editor:

1)
When you resize the editor window, the menubar and boxes gets resized aswell, any chance to not make that happen ?
I run in decent high resolution, and its gets VERY large, and take up precious space (general for all the editors) smile

2)
Is it possible for you to add so it remember last viewport used ?
I always use forward viewport, and i have to switch to it each time i open the editor (just a minor thing).

3)
Grass editor, with option to add more grass types, and possible to attach to certain texture names for quick grass, setting random rotation (bool?) / height of grass (input).

4)
Tree / bush spawner, like grass editor idea.

Mesh Editor :4)

1)
Option to disable the movement of texture in Texturing mode, as i use UV mapping (wich works fine), and sometimes by accident (instead of rotate object) i rotate the textures around wich is annoying without a undo function wich makes me get to no 2.

2)
Adding a undo fuction to the editor.
---
That was all i had this round, and im sorry if some of these have been posted smile

Thank you for a awesome engine, i can see it becomming big smile atleast in the indie world (cheap, and powerful).

P.s, having 1 boards in 2 languages kind of limit the communication of the developers, as the polish people will use the polish board, and english people usually cant read polish (for help, fixes, code ect), just a heads up, it can be a community killer.

Sys: Intel Quad @3.4 Ghz, ATI HD 5770 OC Ed (pri), NVIDIA 8800 Ultra (PhysX), 4 Gig Ram, 3.8 TB total HDD.
06-29-2009 07:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Re: Little list of suggestions and wishes :)
thanks, your ideas will be taken into consideration, but please be aware that my "todo" list is already huge wink
(right now I'm working on making the World Editor support multiplayer editing, or maybe multi-designer editing would be more appropriate smile )
06-30-2009 04:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sarora Offline

Esenthel Wrote:thanks, your ideas will be taken into consideration, but please be aware that my "todo" list is already huge wink
(right now I'm working on making the World Editor support multiplayer editing, or maybe multi-designer editing would be more appropriate smile )

That sounds awesome, reminds me of the HeroEngine editor, that is one of the best editors in the marked for games smile

Sys: Intel Quad @3.4 Ghz, ATI HD 5770 OC Ed (pri), NVIDIA 8800 Ultra (PhysX), 4 Gig Ram, 3.8 TB total HDD.
06-30-2009 04:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sarora Offline

Here's another one, sound thing.

- Texture based impact sounds

Depending on what texture your character is moving on, (grass, rock, flower texture, ect) you can have each texture you wish, have a attached sound file (perhaps directly inserted into the material file and combined with material editor ?).

That way, also models like tables, couches ect ect can have there own player impact sounds.

I guess there is some issues with this though, like having to name both your models feet eg "feet" to detect impacts, and some weight thing to detect the impack strenght or something like that.

07-01-2009 11:12 AM
Sarora Offline

After the new update with the sync of maps, it would be nice with a auto function that does it (also like save ect) each xx minutes that you choose.

So you dont have to sit and click it every 5 mins. 8-)

07-17-2009 07:03 PM