About Store Forum Documentation Contact

[MMO] Pirates' Nest
Dwight Offline

[MMO] Pirates' Nest
Title: Pirates' Nest
Title Description: Pirates' Nest is the main "capital" of the Pirates.
GDD: A small GDD is ready but inconsistent and incomplete/unfinished (it's just 140 pages (no images), am creating a new and more organized GDD of this right now)

Gametype: MMORPG
Genre: Action, puzzle, semi-fantasy, shooter.
Game keywords: Pirates, Marines, Duels, Puzzles/Mazes/Labyrinths, Manuscripts, PvP, Instances, "fantasy" areas (underwater areas, devil worshipping-clans-areas, myths-related), 3D, Pirate Crews/Marine Crews, Professions (limited), Skills (semi-limited), Abilities (Gifts that you receive ingame), Boats/Ships travelling, Prisons, Ancient Language, Parties (celebrating), Tournaments, Own "Town"/"Guildhouse".

Game Mechanic: Based on the skill of the real-life player. You don't have the possibility of selecting an enemy. Battles are realtime. Im thinking of 80% skill and 20% level.
Cliché example of the "Fire Gift": after using a fireball a lot of times, your character figures out that he can make a stream of fire as well.
Game Battles: Duels, sword-fights, gun-fights, use of abilities, sea-fights; Creatures/animals can also be killed.

Special features: No name-tags* (huge customization possibilities), day/night in realtime, unexpected battles(?), no "standard" level-and-quest MMORPG, Teamplay is rewarded, FPP and TPP and BOAT-Perspective, puzzles/riddles/labyrinths in combination with abilities, NOT A SINGLE ELF OR DWARF IN THE ENTIRE GAME.
* Right-click menu shows name, but you can battle faster if you know how your own Crew looks like. Yes, you can kill your own crewmembers as well.

I intended do develop this all by myself in the long-run (10 year range: gameplay, models and coding), but if anyone is interested in the concept of this game, or you just want to know more, just PM me and we can skype or talk (I don't like typing a lot... But I sure like talking grin (possible: English, German and Dutch)).

SnowCloud Entertainment - We are recruiting!
http://www.sc-entertainment.com
09-05-2011 03:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dandruff Offline

RE: [MMO] Pirates' Nest
Nice, there are not much pirate games out there that i know of! smile
09-06-2011 04:03 AM
Dwight Offline

RE: [MMO] Pirates' Nest
With the community project coming up right now being an Online FPS, I won't have that much time left for this project I guess... As I would need some serious help to get the 10-year frame down haha grin

I looooove Pirate games! pfft But I never found any worthy enough to keep playing :(

SnowCloud Entertainment - We are recruiting!
http://www.sc-entertainment.com
09-06-2011 08:01 AM