About Store Forum Documentation Contact

a few ideas
neo22 Offline

a few ideas
Hi, I'm david [neo22].
this is one of my first post on the forum so i quickly introduce myself.
I'm a 20 years old boy (what's a surprise), i've got knowledges in C / C++ / C# and PHP but still a student.
I working on a tiny amateur MORPG project wich is clearday.

Ok, most of the ideas are about the editor :

1 . is that possible to make it work dual screen I mean having the "Data Browser" on a monitor and the "world editor" on an other one and the "code editor" on a third one and allow drag & drop file from the "data browser" to the "world editor" or the "code editor" (as a path)

2 . is it possible in the "world editor" in "Heightmap" mode to add a path brush wich add the abillity easily to create a path between two point.

3 . is it possible in the "Model Editor" to make a group a differents object. take as an example a lamp, there is a mesh but there's also a light point on it.

just a few ideas, tell me what you think about it and ask for details if you don't understand everythings, english is not my native language.
08-07-2011 10:58 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
runewake2 Offline

RE: a few ideas
2. You can use waypoints for this.

3. Grouping objects is not available yet. It's on the roadmap though.
08-07-2011 08:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
neo22 Offline

2. you miss understanding what i mean. I want to know if it can be easier in the world editor to make a slope between to point, for now you have to brush it youself and if it is a long road it's not very easy. see this amazing diagram as an example grin

Link

3. "groupping objects in World Editor" sorry i didn't seen it.
08-07-2011 10:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
runewake2 Offline

2. Ahh, that makes sense. Do you just want it to edit the heightmap such as a bridge or long walkway? If so, no, you can't.

1. The easiest and quickest answer would be to try it. I only have a single monitor so I can't help here.
08-08-2011 04:35 AM
neo22 Offline

2. yeah i know you can't di it this way, it's a feature proposition. do you think it will be usefull? do esenthel need to work in this kind of feature ?
08-08-2011 12:46 PM
runewake2 Offline

2. You could just make a bridge model. If I want a peninsula or something, I run over it, making it about as high as I want, then I level it out with some smooth/average run's. That makes it work pretty well. Might be useful if done right, but Esenthel would have to redo his GUI for me to want to use this feature.
08-09-2011 04:02 AM