About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Tutorials Question and how to get started
Flapman Offline

Tutorials Question and how to get started
Hi, I am not a programmer and am having a hard time getting the tutorials to work. I tried to follow the instructions for setting them up as a new project, but can't get anything but the Start Tuturial to come up.

What am I missing and am I right to assume I have compile them to get them to work. If that is correct, I am not sure I can do that without some some detailed instructions.

Can someone help?

A

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

This is my own solution. grin I found via a Google search the entry on the Wiki at: http://www.esenthel.com/wiki/index.php?t..._Beginners

Quote:Running examples

Open Visual studio and open project (File menu -> Open -> Project/Solution) and select Tutorials.sln file from EsenthelEngineSDK/Tutorials. Now we have opened project with engine examples). Now we can run (start debugging) our example program by pressing F5 key. First engine application should run now. To select another example you should in Solution Explorer window (it should be on the left side, if there isn’t it, use Ctrl+Alt+L) in small folder called Source click RMB (right mouse button) on 00 - Start.cpp file and select Exclude from project from context menu. Then click RMB on Source folder and select Add->Existing Item… from context menu. Then should appear Open File dialog. In it open Source folder and select any.cpp file in any subfolder. After double clicking the .cpp file it should be added to project. Now you can edit it’s code, building and running project.

Now you can look into other sections in Documentation.chm. You can experiment with engine examples

Yup, that is so me....

Thanks, Grzegorz. grin

Maybe that text should be in the Engine documentation too. smile Also, can that link be added to the Installation page on the Wiki. This could make it easier to find.
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2011 06:51 PM by Flapman.)
09-03-2011 05:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Driklyn Offline

RE: Tutorials Question and how to get started
There is Readme.txt file in the Tutorials folder that tells you how to load other tutorials.
09-03-2011 07:58 PM
Flapman Offline

RE: Tutorials Question and how to get started
Hi Driklyn,

Yes thanks, I saw that.

A
09-03-2011 08:22 PM