About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Improving the Editor
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Improving the Editor
What kind of improvements would you like to see in the Editor?

I'm asking for all kinds of things (that are not already on the roadmap), from complex things to simple stuff, like some interface improvements.
09-15-2011 06:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
llynx Offline

RE: Improving the Editor
09-15-2011 06:27 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

I'm working on it right now ! smile
09-15-2011 07:02 PM
Dwight Offline

I would like to see a "jump to object" in the object browser grin

SnowCloud Entertainment - We are recruiting!
http://www.sc-entertainment.com
09-15-2011 07:24 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

you mean "object list" ? that was added in the last release (double click on the element)
09-15-2011 07:27 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

early screen wink

Attached File(s) Image(s)

09-15-2011 08:05 PM
llynx Offline

Looks really good!
It would be nice to have axes of rotation
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2011 08:11 PM by llynx.)
09-15-2011 08:11 PM
Harry Offline

Maybe some options what I want to be imported (materials, skeletons). Sometimes I import some models and unnecessery material files is created so I have to delete them. And I prefer creating materials from scratch in model editor.

And someone wrote here a topic about editors look. There was a screen how it can look. Without windows for brush object lists etc. but with bars on the left or right with tabs. Now editor looks for me like GIMP (everything is on sigle window) and its sometimes inconvenient.
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2011 08:18 PM by Harry.)
09-15-2011 08:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Seba Offline

Window to set/get position of model.
09-15-2011 09:30 PM
Driklyn Offline

Also from the same thread mentioned by llynx:

(01-05-2011 06:33 PM)Driklyn Wrote:  Sounds good, but I would settle for having "true" Top, Front, and Left views. Orbiting in one viewport should not orbit in all of them. That pretty much defeats the purpose of having the extra viewports (which is why I typically just use the one).
09-15-2011 11:46 PM
runewake2 Offline

I posted this a while ago:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1363]

Also some way to add triggers/events in the World editor that would execute certain events in a triggers class. This would be extremely helpful for creating portals etc in the world editor and a whole lot more.
09-16-2011 12:49 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

(09-15-2011 09:30 PM)Seba Wrote:  Window to set/get position of model.
in world editor, object mode, just click on the "position" button (Z keyboard button)

(01-05-2011 06:33 PM)Driklyn Wrote:  Sounds good, but I would settle for having "true" Top, Front, and Left views. Orbiting in one viewport should not orbit in all of them. That pretty much defeats the purpose of having the extra viewports (which is why I typically just use the one).
So basically you want "world editors/menu/camera unlock" also in Model Editor?
ok

(09-16-2011 12:49 AM)runewake2 Wrote:  I posted this a while ago:

Also some way to add triggers/events in the World editor that would execute certain events in a triggers class. This would be extremely helpful for creating portals etc in the world editor and a whole lot more.
yeah, I am thinking of adding optional buttons/ribbons.
triggers/events are also planned
09-16-2011 09:34 AM
Driklyn Offline

(09-16-2011 09:34 AM)Esenthel Wrote:  So basically you want "world editors/menu/camera unlock" also in Model Editor?
ok

Uhh... sure! grin Actually, I never knew that's what "Camera Unlock" was for. I've tried it before, but I always use a single viewport (because I didn't like how multiple viewports worked before "Camera Unlock" existed) so I never saw any difference and turned it off right away. pfft

However, I can see that being handy in Model Editor, so yes!

Also, would be nice if "Camera Reset" and "Camera Axis Align" worked when camera is unlocked though.

Oh, and the new "Camera Orientation" option is pretty awesome! Good job on that.

(09-16-2011 12:49 AM)runewake2 Wrote:  Also some way to add triggers/events in the World editor that would execute certain events in a triggers class. This would be extremely helpful for creating portals etc in the world editor and a whole lot more.

EEDevTools includes an event system with its own editor for assigning events to actors in your world. Needs to be updated to work with the latest version of the engine, however. Haven't gotten around to doing that yet.
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2011 08:01 PM by Driklyn.)
09-16-2011 07:56 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

(09-16-2011 07:56 PM)Driklyn Wrote:  Also, would be nice if "Camera Reset" and "Camera Axis Align" worked when camera is unlocked though.
will work in next sdk
09-16-2011 08:13 PM
runewake2 Offline

(09-16-2011 07:56 PM)Driklyn Wrote:  EEDevTools includes an event system with its own editor for assigning events to actors in your world. Needs to be updated to work with the latest version of the engine, however. Haven't gotten around to doing that yet.

Yes, I'm aware of it, it would be a lot easier if that was incorperated into the Editor though. I like doing everything together, opening a new program to do everything I want would take a long time. With Maya and EEE (Esenthel Engine Editor) running as well as Paint.Net, OpenOffice Calc and a few other things it just becomes a hassle after a while.
09-17-2011 05:26 AM