About Store Forum Documentation Contact

CryEngine3 SDK
Spezies Offline

CryEngine3 SDK
Hi Guys

Did you hear, that CryEngine3 now have a SDK? Think its good that our good EE Developer looks in it and take some fine ideas back to our Esenthel Engine ? smile
10-10-2011 01:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dylantan Offline

RE: CryEngine3 SDK
I do agreed, however, EE does have its own way of doing things which we are getting used to after spent many months on it. The one of the things that I notice about CryEngine 3 SDK is the speed of the world editor, and it performed well even with a lot of models in it and even with relatively old PC. EE World Editor would need some performance tweaking especially when dealing with huge created world and lots of model. However I am quite happy with EE as of now and no plan to switch.

One thing I don't like is the workflow of Crytek, but that's maybe I am not used to it and maybe its because I am used to EE workflow. Other than that Crytek does have many other tools which mean I don't really need 3rd party tools as much as I am using right now with EE. But i think that's not so important. Tools are just that, tools to be use regardless whether it is built-in or external (3rd party).
10-11-2011 04:14 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
runewake2 Offline

RE: CryEngine3 SDK
I like the Voxel's of Cryengine. I can't speak about much else of it.
10-16-2011 07:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply