About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Equestria Tales
Tobbo Offline

RE: Equestria Tales
It's up to the IP owners whether they want to sue or not, commercial or not. I don't know why you wouldn't just try and make this an original IP and play it safe? All you have to do is change the character a bit more.

Play it safe. That is all.
12-15-2011 08:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pherael Offline

I middle in talking with Hasbro - I already found some sponsor, who would pay for game production if only I get rights to MLP. If everything go smooth, I buy Esenthel licence soon, if not... then we will see.
(This post was last modified: 12-16-2011 01:06 PM by Pherael.)
12-16-2011 01:04 PM
rndbit Offline

(12-16-2011 01:04 PM)Pherael Wrote:  I middle in talking with Hasbro - I already found some sponsor, who would pay for game production if only I get rights to MLP. If everything go smooth, I buy Esenthel licence soon, if not... then we will see.

i am wondering if it is very important to say game is based on my little ponny. you could easily workaround need of rights by saying that game world is world of cute anime-styled unicorns.

example: runes of magic is a total rip-off of WoW, however they dont use words like 'warcraft' and such anywhere and they are free to rip off all they want.
12-19-2011 08:35 PM
ronalmb Offline

As an aside project meant for fun, I don't think he'd have too much to worry about. The gray area might come in if it's used in any thing that even has the slightest whiff of commercial gain. I think it would be great to see it showcased as an example of the Esenthel Engine's capabilities and like the idea of it getting a project spotlight, but it may be prudent to err on the side of caution and simply remove mention/reference of MLP influencing the style. Simply drop all reference to it in name, and there would be less of a problem, I'd think.
12-22-2011 10:11 PM
Nethrix Offline

(12-14-2011 04:43 PM)evldmn Wrote:  my little pony, but only if u have to pay for it

its supposed to be a unicorn no?

im fairly sure the horn is distinctive enough to suggest its not actually a pony that shoots fire balls from its mouth. but i dunno, maybe they hold the IP for Unicorns.
12-29-2011 03:04 PM