About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Feeling stupid- Eitors vs. Tut examples
Sarrene Offline

Feeling stupid- Eitors vs. Tut examples
I have a rather silly but basic question. Please do not laugh, I am trying to get an understanding of this engine with out a coder.
All of my windows look different then inside any of the tut's. Very basic and very large fonts. Also, using the World Editor as an example, I do not see the tools that are displayed in the tutorials either. Hints on how to get started? I am so lost and feeling so stupid right now.

Peace,
Sarrene'
10-12-2009 09:02 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sarrene Offline

Re: Feeling stupid- Eitors vs. Tut examples
Here is an example. And mind you, I have tried to go through the tutorials as well. Perhaps im just over tired or not cut out for this.
Here is what happens when I try to create a heightmap ...

[Edit: Deleted that huge picture for easier view of the thread itself.]
10-12-2009 09:06 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Chosker Offline

not sure about your level editor, seems fine to me

to create a terrain: hover the mouse over the viewport, and press the 'Insert' key on your keyboard
at first it was confusing to me too
10-12-2009 09:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sarrene Offline

Okay, Tottel helped me out a lot this morning. I stil have no idea why i was not getting any of the textures to show up, but i ended up getting them working.
Yes, that was a bit confusing for me also. But once more, Tottel helped me out a lot.

Any advice for a graphic artist trying to get a handle on this engine?

Peace,
Sarrene'
10-12-2009 12:45 PM