About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Developing for Android
mih Offline

Developing for Android
Hi to all, after a looong absence smile
I saw yesterday that Esenthel now supports Android devices, and there is my question, how to start developing for Android ? Are there some new tutorial files, which i can't find ? If no, would be nice if someone could point me in the right direction wink.
And one more question, is there any official Android emulator that could be used for developing ? Thanks wink
11-03-2011 09:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Developing for Android
EE Android SDK is available in Personal License.
Android 2.3 emulator from Google Android SDK will work, but it's better to have actual device.
I will put up documentation soon.
11-03-2011 09:33 PM
mih Offline

Thanks for fast replay smile And what are the differences between pc version and android version of Esenthel SDK ? I mean, if it's possible to write the game just as for the PC, and then just recompile it for android ? Of cource with optimizations made for the game to run smooth on android devices (lower textures res., simple rendering etc.)
11-03-2011 10:06 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Quote:if it's possible to write the game just as for the PC, and then just recompile it for android ?
yes
11-03-2011 10:12 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

I've did more research and I've found out that Google Android Emulator does not support OpenGL ES 2.0.

EE SDK will not work on emulator, you need to have a minimum Android 2.3 device.
11-04-2011 07:26 PM
llynx Offline

(11-04-2011 07:26 PM)Esenthel Wrote:  I've did more research and I've found out that Google Android Emulator does not support OpenGL ES 2.0.

EE SDK will not work on emulator, you need to have a minimum Android 2.3 device.

Doesn't work with Youwave or Bluestacks either. Bluestacks pro is supposed to have OpenGL ES 2.0 support, but we'll see.
11-05-2011 01:49 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

I've enabled additional documentation for the android: Configuring Eclipse Projects

I still don't know how to achieve following:
  • enable Precompiled Headers in makefiles
  • Debugging (with breakpoints, investigating values of variables, etc.)
  • Suppress Linker warnings (-Wl,--no-wchar-size-warning in the makefile seems to not make any effect) : "uses 4-byte wchar_t yet the output is to use 2-byte wchar_t; use of wchar_t values across objects may fail"

if anyone knows how to do it, I'll be grateful for hints
11-05-2011 05:39 PM