About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Requirements for project
Gerail Offline

Requirements for project
Hi,

my company is planning a new project for 3D Visualization. Now we are looking for a 3D Engine that can be used for the rendering of the scences.
Some geographic data should be visualized thus it would be nice if the engine can support the transformation of different geographic coordinate systems. But nevertheless it should be clear that this feature is not needed for a game engine.

An important point is the fact, that the engine can be used in a browser using a plugin. According to this the data should be fetched from a web server or database using some sort of dynamic loading or streaming. Streaming from hard disk is possible, can it somehow be changed to enable streaming from the web?

It would be nice if you can tell me if some of the demands are supported by the engine.

Thanks and best regards
Christian
11-28-2011 04:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rndbit Offline

RE: Requirements for project
while streaming stuff from the web one still would store in temporary directory, and nothing is preventing to use that temporary directory as data dir. if i am not mistaken there was api to load paks from memory (you can store content in paks and access it as if it was on hard disk). not so sure what you have in mind regarding geographic coordinates though, but im sure that burden would fall on the shoulders of programmer. note that esenthel does not have ready browser plugin, so that again is burden on your shoulders to implement.
11-28-2011 05:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply