About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Item::Actor Bug ???
Babulesnik Offline

Item::Actor Bug ???
If I add a mass of the actor, the actor begins to jump and behave chaotically.I noticed this long ago and created the topic, but the problem was not solved. I am sure that this behavior should not be an actor.This only happens when I add a mass - Items[0].actor.mass(5);

I very much want to do more to check it out.Just add one line Items[0].actor.mass(5); in the example EsenthelEngineSDK\Tutorials\Source\Advanced\4 - Demos, Game Basics\Game Basics\World.cpp

Code:
Bool Init()
{
   Game::World.update(Cam.at); // which updates world to use only terrain and objects at given position, here camera position is used

Items[0].actor.mass(5);

return true;
}

Also, I uploaded a video tutotial
12-13-2011 03:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mardok Offline

RE: Item::Actor Bug ???
It's not EE bug but your bad settings...

Read more about physx DENSITY parameter.

In your case, try change density for physbody (data\obj\item\weapon\blunt\0.phys), for example try set up 5 or try experiment with different values.

You can change density in ModelEditor, go to:

ModelEditor->Physics TAB->Physics-> SetDensity
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2011 03:47 PM by Mardok.)
12-13-2011 03:45 PM
Babulesnik Offline

RE: Item::Actor Bug ???
(12-13-2011 03:45 PM)Mardok Wrote:  It's not EE bug but your bad settings...

Read more about physx DENSITY parameter.

In your case, try change density for physbody (data\obj\item\weapon\blunt\0.phys), for example try set up 5 or try experiment with different values.

You can change density in ModelEditor, go to:

ModelEditor->Physics TAB->Physics-> SetDensity
Thank you very much Mardok !!! I tried to use the density before creating this topic, but not picked up the correct value. My model is working correctly at the value density>80grin . Thank you againlol
12-13-2011 04:52 PM