About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Importing Heightmaps?
aaronaowens Offline

RE: Importing Heightmaps?
Yeah. The problem is though, that no image even shows up before clicking apply.
12-20-2011 06:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

(12-20-2011 03:38 AM)aaronaowens Wrote:  Nothing...No luck still...I drag and drop an image into the designated area and nothing happens...I'm at a loss...
Perhaps it is related to something else than image loading.

Maybe it's related to the original path of the file?

From what path are you drag and dropping the file? (please provide full path like c:/.../heightmap.bmp without the ...)

Try to copy the file to C:/heightmap.bmp and drag and drop again, let me know if it helps

Are you capable of running C++ tutorial?
"SDK/Advanved/Misc/Drag & Drop.cpp" - run this, and then drag and drop the file, to verify the engine has correctly processed the drag and drop function

If not, can you at least try to drag and drop the bmp image to Converter.exe tool in "Show" mode, to check if it will load the image and display it.

Or, 3rd option, drag and drop the bmp file to Editor.exe in Data Browser mode, context menu should appear with "set path to element, open element, copy .." and select set path to element, and see what happens, also let me know if upon setting path to element the editor will display the bmp image on the right side in "Preview" region
12-20-2011 01:51 PM
aaronaowens Offline

I will give these steps a try this afternoon. Thanks for being so helpful!
12-20-2011 10:16 PM
Ryric Offline

Hello

I'm having same problems. It shows in the converter ok but still will not drag and drop into the Image or the Import Heightmap.

OS Windows Vista.

Many Thanks

http://epickingdomsonline.com
01-20-2012 12:36 AM
Wulffgrymm Offline

Hi. I'm having the same issue with the drag and drop heightmaps and materials. I am using Windows Vista home premium. i have tried all your suggestions. I can drag and drop into both the coverter and drag and drop.cpp, but it will not drop into the material editor, heightmap image window nor the editor.exe.I have also tried the c:/heightmap.bmp and nothing happens. Two of my team are also having the same issue and are also using Windows Vista.

Thank you for you time on this issue.

epickingdomsonline.com
01-24-2012 03:49 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

can you attach the bmp image file?
01-24-2012 12:39 PM
Wulffgrymm Offline

Here is the c:/heightmap.bmp

Attached File(s) Image(s)

epickingdomsonline.com
01-24-2012 06:57 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

at the moment I'm not sure what could be the problem as the file works ok for me on my computers, though I don't have Windows Vista to test.
there's tiny possibility it couldn't work because of some physx issue (stack/heap issue) which was fixed in last SDK, could you test it with newer SDK?
02-02-2012 12:50 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

I'll add alternative method for selecting the image for importing heightmaps (click on the rectangle and file list will appear)
02-06-2012 11:49 PM