About Store Forum Documentation Contact

particle basic
Demostenes Offline
Banned

particle basic
I was toying with particle editor little bit, I ve made very simple torch + fire. Unfortunaly I found no manual, so I have to ask :(

1) How to restrict rotation of particle billboard to only some axes? In this case I want to rotate around vertical axis, but, not around horizontal. I tried all types of emitters, but no success. On the picture is obvious, that first quadrant is problematic:

http://forum.mymmo.cz/torch.jpg

Is there way how to make restricion? Fire will look 2D from top view, but it is generally far better than current state and quite common solution (usually called vertical billboard). Or I have to use totally different approach?

2) Average life set to 0 should make infinite loop of particle animation? Correct? In my case 0 does nothing, particle does not appear.

3) Particle fade in/out does not seem to do anything. Only setting which influents fading time is Opacity function.
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2012 02:29 AM by Demostenes.)
01-02-2012 02:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ceryni Offline

RE: particle basic
thats also a matter of the image you use.

dont use an image that have the look of the fire you want to get.
The image have to be a "part" of the later fire like one little flame.

if i am wrong correct me but it seems like you use an image that looks like the flame in the end and the you get this crappy top view
01-02-2012 11:27 AM
Demostenes Offline
Banned

RE: particle basic
(01-02-2012 11:27 AM)Ceryni Wrote:  if i am wrong correct me but it seems like you use an image that looks like the flame in the end and the you get this crappy top view

Sure I have. One particle is faster than 50 particles. And for something small like torch is one small flame billboard perfectly OK. Big flame is of course different story.

This is reason, why I am asking how to limit axis of such billboard, because it is quite common feature (and quite common technique), no reason to make 50 particle fire for torch, which will be in scene 500x smile
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2012 02:19 PM by Demostenes.)
01-02-2012 02:18 PM