About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Animation/position variables
TrevaH Offline

Animation/position variables
Ok revised this thread.

Ok so to make an AI I want to do that serverside and I've decided to scrap the RPG2 stuff for AI as I don't like it at all, could I get an explanation on how I can make an array of all of the OBJ_CHR's on my map to be clear I know how to make an array but the OBJ_CHR includes player's so I'm guessing I would have to do this when it initializes and then distinguish there stats and behaviors based on there types like CHR_GOBLIN etc

Also I haven't had alot of time to dig into the models.

AttackLeftHand[]=
{
{-1, "anim/swing/l-l.anim" },
{+1, "anim/swing/l-r.anim" },
{-1, "anim/swing/l-ld.anim"},
{+1, "anim/swing/l-rd.anim"},
},
AttackRightHand[]=
{
{-1, "anim/swing/r-l.anim" },
{+1, "anim/swing/r-r.anim" },
{-1, "anim/swing/r-ld.anim"},
{+1, "anim/swing/r-rd.anim"},
};

Is that r-l.anim for instance a defenition that every single character currently has so that's how I can distinguish there animations?

Also last thing when the character dies I can ragdoll enable it which is really cool actually. But how do I make the model dissappear once I decide it's dead and how would I make it appear again for the respawn which I'm guessing would be exactly the same seeing as how they are directly related.

Also map is client side can I load the map server side also for the mob placement or would it be easier to list coordinates server side and say spawn this model to the client
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2011 06:51 AM by TrevaH.)
12-12-2011 02:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TrevaH Offline

RE: RPG 2 AI
Updated Original Post to pertain to what I'm doing now.
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2011 02:44 AM by TrevaH.)
12-12-2011 07:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply