About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Terrain material (NULL) without collison
knalldose Offline

Terrain material (NULL) without collison
hi,

i have a question about the creating holes in terrains. my terrain have 2 mats and 1 NULL material for holes. i can see ingame the area with the null material, and this is empty. but i can not move or falling down ( i createt a hole for the cave entrance) how can i disable the collision for the NULL material? maybe via code?

Knalla

!!Edit!!

when i create a obj_player and play from the editor than works fine, but not in the mmo version.
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2012 10:00 AM by knalldose.)
01-12-2012 09:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Terrain material (NULL) without collison
NULL material is paint on terrain with Material Brush material slot that has no material set (you can clear material with Del key)
01-12-2012 12:19 PM
knalldose Offline

i know, but when i build the world and start mmo server and client than have the hole a collision.
01-12-2012 12:47 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

I've tested this and it works fine (there is no mesh or collision)

please re-check you've pressed DEL key on material brush list

if you still have the problem, please attach your archived data folder, or attach link to video where you paint the material on world editor, build it, play it.
01-13-2012 03:40 PM
knalldose Offline

how can i change the camera ingame? i can move only with left mousebutton. and when i click in the hole stop the player. is very stupid. i missing the "press Tab to change Cam" button ingame. i am very frustrated. and btw. is possible to buy the Ineisis Lite without the company version?
01-13-2012 10:02 PM
dragonfly3 Offline

This may be a stupid question, but are you selecting "clean all build all" or "update visible" before you test in your client?
01-14-2012 01:23 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
knalldose Offline

when i start the mmo server and client and play the game and walk around with the char, then can i move the char only with left mouse button. w a s d is disabled ( i dont know why in the mmo) i see the hole in my terrain and when i click the left mouse button into the hole than stops the player for the hole or walk around the hole to the other side from the hole. when i playing direct from the editor than i have no problem and i falling down. now understand? is this the problem with the click and move ? and why is the TAB for camera change disabled, i have try all other keys and no keys change my cam.
01-14-2012 02:00 AM
dragonfly3 Offline

It's hard to say why TAB is not working without actually seeing your code.

Try opening the game world in the world editor and go to build, then select "clean all, build all"

It might be that you did not compile your game world through the world editor so it may still have the terrain physics from before you created your hole. If you only select "update visible" then it will update the visible part of the world but not other changes. When you create a hole it not only changes the visible part of the world but it also changes the terrain physics.
01-14-2012 03:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
knalldose Offline

i make every time after editing complete clean all, build all. is not my first engine and editor^^. i post tomorrow link to video or pictures about this problem. i think is the problem with the move over mouse. and only 1 camera perspective comes with the mmo engine, thats a bad point, and i know "change your code for other cam" but i think this is not realy user (non coder) friendly. little bit more for the 50% without coding skills^^ ok fire free^^

gn8
01-14-2012 03:36 AM
impi Offline

(01-13-2012 10:02 PM)knalldose Wrote:  and btw. is possible to buy the Ineisis Lite without the company version?
I'm also confused as to why Ineisis Lite code is not included in all the licenses, after all its sample Esenthel script and a licensee is a licensee - so whats the problem? The concept of a Company license should be based on the licensee only - ie. whether they are individuals / hobbyists /small indies etc, or larger company/studios with certain turnover etc. Example code should be available to all to stimulate the customer base.

There would (and should) be many standard licensees developing mmo style apps, and Ineisis code will be a major feature and selling point for normal licenses, and an attraction of the Esenthel product.

Many would be customers cannot justify the additional company license cost, and so they just don't purchase standard licenses.

Ineisis Lite code should not be used as a way to 'force' individuals to buy more expensive company licenses when they are actually standard licensees - this is not right.

Without doubt, many more standard licenses would sell if Ineisis Lite source were included - as it would market the product where competition cannot compete. Company license sales would increase too - as the larger 'standard' license base would have more upgrading.
01-14-2012 05:45 PM
knalldose Offline

@impi I think your post was ignored. "shame" and my main question was not answered by the support. I do not buy just the engine but also a bit of support. and my personal question is : can i buy the source from ineises-online without the company.l ?? and when not - why?

regards
01-17-2012 02:46 PM
impi Offline

@knalldose : It is confusing, but you don't need a 'company' to buy the license. So you can upgrade to "company license" even if you are a private person.
01-17-2012 11:45 PM